ATi Catalyst 10.7's - Will Not Be Released Today

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    You won't necessarily see a difference in the quality, look at your CPU usage with it on, then off, and you will see why its an important feature for some people.

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    Ah i see :D

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
  4. nexu

nexu Maha Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 512MB (@795/1085)
    I hope ATI keep the OGL broken in 10.7, for the third time in a row. Because obviously this makes gaming so much more interesting in watching random textures popping up in a game.

:(

5. sink257

sink257 New Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850 1GB Crossfire
    Any moment now...

6. james1o1o

james1o1o Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    [edit nvm]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  7. I just sold my 5850 crossfire setup for GTX 470 SLI, and while I agree that each company has software issues, I am honestly happier with Nvidia's latest 257-258 driver releases. There are improvements in performance which each release, especially SLi, anyway I'm getting better perf than 5870 crossfire in some games, and to me the 470s aren't that bad, as for the driver support, it's not generally buggy, I have to admit I like Nvidia lately, not that ATi sucks or anything, it's just NVIDIA is getting better perf. results probably due to better driver support (Note: I use SLi so I realize part of what I'm saying is result of that).

Please don't read this as fanboyism, just as one user's experience, believe me some people react like you're sacrilegious if you comment on ATI driver support being not as on par as it should.

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    May already be up on the servers, just try the referrer trick.

9. GaBBa-Gandalf

GaBBa-Gandalf Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x XFX HD6970 2GB
  10. Feneeth of Borg

Feneeth of Borg Member Guru

GPU:
    TwinFrz R9 270Xx2
    You make a very good point, neither company deserves fanboyism, there are cards and combos from both companies that have awesome driver support and some with cruddy support. They both need to get a better programming staff because there is serous half-assing going on here, while there are drivers that were great for a long time and were broken until just recently, like the hotfix drivers for the agp 2xxx series. the inconstancy of the quality is what confuses me.