ATi Catalyst 10.7's - Will Not Be Released Today

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Jul 21, 2010.

1. TARNY

TARNY Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti
    I dont care as long as my 5870 never goes below my screen's Hz and i can play on Full Ultra graphics.

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
  3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
  4. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    heheh just like i said, day before sc2 :)

5. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Well, with Nvidia the only thing , personnally i have allways use modified drivers, the good things with all thoses beta, we was able to tweak the drivers more offtly and add new codes to them for bring more stability and use the tweaks we can find in other beta ( well compile different drivers ) .... (XG drivers team) .

With ATI we was working differently with 2 beta by months and 1 official, tweaking the official with beta tweaked code and our own codes lines..

Well 10.6 is the perfect example of how some peoples react a bit too much:
    - if 10.6 have broke BC2 crossfire, you can still use 10.5 or beta 10.5a ... (10.6 was just give improvement in Video playback, no improvement in games with 10.6 anyway ) But peoples have just make QQ posts during 1 months )

When this is happend... with Nvidia, you try the driver beta 2xx.xx and if it don't work well you will use the beta xxx.xx who work well with your game ...
    There's no real date on nvidia drivers, just numbers who are normally showing this driver is newer ( it's not allways the case ). its a beta, so peoples just say: ok this beta is not good for me, i will use this one instead.

When i think to the numbers of time i was change drivers, test it, revert back, cause they was give bugs in SLI, or in specific games, or support better the newer games but break an old... but each time i was just say : " it's a beta driver, let's wait another" . I think we just let more pass from Nvidia drivers, just cause we can switch and try more beta drivers all the time. And they are still allways beta .. But problems are same on both company.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Damn, what alot of complaining in 4 pages, now wonder Rich_Guy wanted to create a seperate one from the main driver thread.

Are these issues as bad as some are making out, or mostly with the 5800 card or Crossfire setups, as im round a friends house every few weeks sorting gaming issues, and i've yet to find one that was ATI driver related, it is just a single 4870, but still...

As for the Nvidia drivers, there are still alot of people who hate them too, they went through a bad stage there on my HTPC partition, but don't know where this 2-3 whql a year stuff is coming from.

7. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Naaa... thoses problems are overhyped by some peoples...

I have the 5xxx till november or december 09, and i don't have got any problems with driver untill 10.6 with BC2 ( touch only crossfire setup) ( fixed by newest appliccations profiles, even if i will recommend to use 10.5 for it) ...

Before this i had 4870's setup and just never have a problem with them ( maybe the first driver released for them ) ...

8. dracis

dracis Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB @ 960/1400
    10.7 will be out on the 26th. :)

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    My mistake, it was when they released their 8800's that they were only doing about 2-3 drivers a year, as they had no competition then.

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    SC2 won't be the delay, as the 10.7's wont have anything in for it, as you have to remember, with them being set to release this month, they'll have had to have finished them ages ago, as ATi's drivers are always old/out of date when released :)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010

11. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    not all the time...

but to be honest the game runs awesome on any card so why does sc2 need a driver optimization..

i run sc2 on one card i dont see the point for crossfire..

12. Feneeth of Borg

Feneeth of Borg Member Guru

GPU:
    TwinFrz R9 270Xx2
    I'm so tired of the bashing and complaining about the 460 and the 5870 there is no way a card is overpriced by $200 just because it performs close to a low-end card at one specific resolution in one specific game. Everyone with half a brain should know this, do some research, bring in some numbers of other games.

Secondly, I grow up and get a personallity, I'm I the only one who is isnt super-oppsessed with far cry and call-of-duty and starcraft? I dont ****ing see how you can improve performance in one game by like 1% and another by 12%! There are more than 5 games on the ****ing planet so they should be just coding the drivers as efficiently as possible, instead of trial and erroring until they claim to improve performance, and nobody does any benching in their own home, so they complain that it stutters and ****, and yet they have v-sync off or have something carelessly tuned wrong or something like that...

I haven't had any of the problems other ppl have with any of ati's cards, mostly because I have been using older hardware, but it works right with all of my games and I benchmark and see improvements.

I just dont get this forum anymore, you can keep trolling, or live your ****ing live, make a choice.

13. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    I just got assimilated by this stream of nonsense.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    What the hell are you on about??

15. kpo6969

kpo6969 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Better than a crossword puzzle, keeps the mind sharp.

16. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    OR you can take a longer look at Feneeth of Borg's avatar and discover the true purpose of his post.

17. EaglePC

EaglePC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 5700
    are there 10.7 drivers really going to fix the dual montor flickering,i thought we need upgraded bios:banana:

18. felipaopl

felipaopl New Member

AA doesn't work at all in ATI cards with StarCraft 2 with the current 10.6's.

19. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    I wonder if ATI are aware of what I think is a possible bug when it comes to GPU Decoding/DXVA in Media Player Classic. In some of my videos DXVA works flawlessly, in others the image gets distorted. I recentley rebuilt my friends PC with Windows 7 and a 9600 GSO graphics card.

After setting up the codecs and player the EXACT same way I do, the videos that were problematic for me worked flawlessy on his. Wonder what the issue is?

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    Whats this GPU acceleration for VLC 1.1.1? i use splash pro and uses it too, but don't see any difference.. or is it cause it only works with 10.7s?