ATi Catalyst 10.7

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jul 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Currently on 10.5. When I get home I may do some benchmarks on 10.5, 10.7 and 10.8 beta, however I don't get home till very late tonight so it may be a couple of days. I will try to compare average, minimum and max frame rates and provide a graph so you can see how much the FPS fluctuates.

2. Bloodduty

Bloodduty Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA OC Titan X
    well 10.7 first time install them blue screened. It was a driver crash after getting back to desk top finally got them on windows 7 only shows in basic when running the experience mark it fails on direct 3d 10 batch assessment

all other drivers are fine but from 10.5 it feels like there losing quality in making the drivers and to be honest I don't think they bothered too

2 x 5870s never overclocked
    Maximus 3 Formula
    i7 860 3.36Ghz

windows 7 64bit home premium all updated no fails

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Thanks for that.

I have 6xAA set in the Advanced options of the launcher but there are noticeable jaggies in-game along the edges of the aircraft compared with some screenshots I took with earlier drivers. Odd. :3eyes:

*EDIT*
    After experiencing issues with the AA not working in the Kane & Lynch 2 demo I re-ran the game this morning and now AA *is* working. Ditto for Wings of Prey too which now has smooth edges on the planes.

I had rebooted my PC at least once before testing both those games so maybe it's an issue with the betas I'm using (the KL2 demo actually crashed to the desktop after a few minutes play but it may be CrossFireX related as I was getting only 40 fps at times on two GPUs)? I think I'll switch to the WHQLs later on today.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  4. Quicks

Quicks Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    Have they added support for starcraft and AA on these drivers ?

Edit : Nevermind just sow on the homepage that ATI have not included it yet.

5. mulberrycrush

mulberrycrush Member

GPU:
    GTX 580
    BSOD everytime, had to roll back!

6. stenelaus

stenelaus Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon4650 1GB PCIE
    so the drivers make your comp do the BSOD... i remember another faulty type drivers, the 9.xx series, i don't remember which one...these drivers come to fast, without too many fixes, i think they're just rushing things up.
    The 10.7 drivers didn't improve anything on my GFX, neither good or worse, so you could all stick back to the 10.6-10.5-10.4 (the best).

7. KEZZA

KEZZA Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX 670
    haha

8. olapaulakoski

olapaulakoski Master Guru

GPU:
    msi hawk 5770 1 gb
    Installing starcraft 2 now and this driver installed. Hope it works.:)

9. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    So far i confirm all is fine for me with this 10.7 offcial:

- BC2: all problems who have appears with crossfire + 10.6 1st version have disapear ( rock stable, fast... really good )

- all games i play right now work perfectly fine in crossfire, no breakdown. no fps lost for what i see.

- so far this driver is for me a good mix between 10.6 and 10.5: 10.6 for the new videos settings and acceleration, 10.5 for stability ( with the games i play right now ) ........

no hotfix yet, so i believe it will be for the SC2 AA fix..... ( maybe )

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The game will... AA won't! ;)

11. prof72

prof72 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    Old openGL games still broken!

e.g) quake I, II, COD I.

Still have to use 10.4- opengl DLL.

12. olapaulakoski

olapaulakoski Master Guru

GPU:
    msi hawk 5770 1 gb
    Im happy to report that Starcraft 2 performed great played for a little bit over an hour, sure there is no AA but i handled it with all other settings maxed out.

Great game btw, been missin me some starcraft.:)

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  14. 01 Vlatce

01 Vlatce Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD6770 DC
    What is the difference between Beta and Final 10.7?

15. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    Hallryu's HIS 5850 GPU
    IMO windows scoring is based on the lowest performing component. All my hardware gets a score of 7.3 except for my hard drives at a knuckle dragging 5.9. So my total score is 5.9. maybe it isn't your 3D card.

back on topic. :)

thanks for the info so far on these drivers. Not had any issues myself with any of the latest drivers up to and including the WHQL 10.6 set. Other than Borderlands I have no reason to update to the 10.7 set.

Is VLC any good? I just bought a Samsung x8 blu ray player with a free copy of Power DVD 8.

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The 10.7 betas (or preview as ATI like to call them) is a newer build than the 10.7 WHQLs (which are older because they take a few weeks to be certified) and contains support for OpenGL ES 2.0 (whatever that is).

17. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    It's the variant of openGL used on embedded systems. Like smart phones, etc.

-scheherazade

18. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
    Same for me, it worked as long as i didnt try to play any games but as soon as i started any game (Gta 4, World of warcraft, Dragon age, Need for Speed etc) i got blue screen. Had to roll back to 10.3a as i found it the best driver for me from whole 10.x serie.

I also tried the 10.7 beta and 10.8 beta both of them gave me bluescreens, altho i should say i never had any problems with ati drivers before 10.7 and 10.8 beta.

19. mulberrycrush

mulberrycrush Member

GPU:
    GTX 580
    @stenelaus + swecarl

It was probably my first real BSOD for Win7. didnt enjoy it at all.

I even had issues rolling back and putting in 10.6. I havent even tested any games, just normal internet and YouTube and its all good under 10.6.

20. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    well, it seems no blue screens, and it seems stable, for now..we will see when i play older games..cause dead space bsod a lot with 10.6,10.5,10.4, finally got it working with 10.1.