ATi Catalyst 10.7

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jul 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Rotary8

Rotary8 Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 680
    ati needs a better driver team

2. XxOsurfer3xX

XxOsurfer3xX Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 580 Windforce
    Yeah, each driver has a set of problems, i wonder how they do testing seriously, they announce a performance boost in borderlands and not only you dont get the extra performance that also they make it unplayable....

3. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    :(
    I think monthly release it's needed because ati don't have cooperation with game programmers before the launch...
    I hope AMD/ATi change strategy and work closer to videogame programmers.
    nVidia share = more money to programmers... a little outlaw but for nVidia works (and bad hardware).

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Since the introduction of separate Catalyst game profiles monthly drivers shouldn't be needed IMO. They were supposedly done so that ATI could quickly add support for new games as needed but so far they've been pretty much wasted because we still only get those updated at the same time as the monthly drivers! Well done, ATI! :bang:

5. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    Yeah... very wasted profile, because an application profile can't do miracle with bad programming... -> and AMD/ATi need cooperation with game programmers.
    You can't fiix/test in a week!
    I suspect that nVidia works months before the launch... :bang: and it can release 0-day drivers.

I like AMD company and harware (consumption/wat etc), and I don't like nVidia bad guy policy... But the my next good hardware gpu, if have great performance/watt value, it's nVidia.

AMD have a lot of time for change my idea :)
    Many months ago I've seen some strange bug with a Battleforge graphics... don't fix yet. :bang: Ridicolous.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  6. saif

saif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    I think they should stop finding performance boosts, and start looking for stability and compatibility. And yes, remove that App Profile stuff. Half of my games stopped working or got broken all the way since 10.x until now

7. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    I was playing metro all and day and only had one gray screen, started borderlands and nothing but gray screens and freezes with major memory leaks(game hanged at 4gb usage!!) gonna try with AI disabled if that dont work im going back to older driver.

edit: I tried with AI disable and managed to play a hour with out grayscreen. this time it wasnt a a gray screen, more of a dark tan screen.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  8. edison

edison Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX680
    The OpenGL ICD does not support MSAA .