ATi Catalyst 10.6

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @Kohlendioxidus - Confirmed.

H.A.W.X. DX10 only runs on GPU2 on my PC with these drivers, same bug as 10.6 betas.

Here's a couple of screenshots taken from the game, the first with the 10.4 drivers from April 2010 and then another with the 10.6 drivers taken today.

H.A.W.X. DX10 Screenshot (Catalyst 10.4)

H.A.W.X. DX10 Screenshot (Catalyst 10.6)

Sorry that it's hard to read but if you click on them to zoom in you can make out that in the first shot GPU is even at 28% each but in the second only GPU2 is being used (57%). By the way, GPU2 is actually GPU1 and vice versa (a 'quirk' with MSI Afterburner).

2. Sobtanian

Sobtanian Active Member

GPU:
    7970 crossfire-1125/1575
    Yup - Triple crossfirex here (5970 + 5870) and BFBC2 is broken - dips to 39-45 FPS vsynced.

Before this, it was 60fps locked.

Roll back time!

3. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 X Trio
    Well, based on what's being said about BC2, the same issue with Crossfire is there as was with the 10.6 beta.

Honestly, I'm very disappointed to see this. With a game such as BC2, there's absolutely no reason to take two steps back like this after finally having sorted out all of those awful problems that plagued it around it's release.

I can't particularly complain about the 10.5a's that I'm running right now, so I'm not really losing anything by not installing 10.6 and I'm sure there are plenty of other games that I don't play that probably do see a marked improvement, but ATI's QA really should be better than that. My guess is that we'll see a 10.6a soon...

4. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Wow, the AMD site is getting hammered at the moment. Are these drivers available for us we Mobility users, I can't get on the site.

5. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    NICE gonna give these a shot, theres 180 people viewing this section O_O.

6. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    What are these drivers like for none x-fire users ?

I'm about to put my 5870 2gb back in my rig and don't know what driver to use
    I'm mainly concerned with BC2 performance.

10.4/10.5/10.6 ???

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Something that's always confused me, being relatively new to ATI cards, is that I currently have the Video Converter installed in the CCC from an earlier driver set but it has never been updated. I see that ATI offer a separate Hydravision and Avivo Video Converter download but the latter states it's for HD 2000, HD 3000 and HD 4000 cards only.

My question is does Avivo Video Converter work on the HD 5870 or not? Is it just that ATI haven't updated the text?

8. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    10.6 will be good, it is just the BC2 profile broken wont effect single setups.

9. mmsandi

mmsandi Master Guru

GPU:
    something is wrong with windows 7 x 64 link on the amd site

10. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    It does work, I downloaded the updated one and it detected the old one I had installed and updated it.

11. BrainDedd

BrainDedd Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1070 OC
    Gained 0.1 in my Windows 7 Graphics and Gaming Graphics score with these :)

Avivo works with 5870, but doesn't run any faster than the 4000 series.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks for the replies.

I've just updated the Avivo Video Converter. I think I'll have to tell ATI to update the text description to include 'HD 5000 series' too as the current one is misleading.

Has anyone noticed that the Application Profiles, now the site is back up and running, are dated 7th June? I'm pretty sure they were 16th June when I downloaded them originally, before the site was totally messed up. :3eyes:

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Just to add that the 10.6 beta fixes for Red Faction Guerrilla (CrossFireX flickering gone but nasty grass slowdown bug in Oasis is still there alas) and Just Cause 2 (the game no longer refuses to start fullscreen) are present and correct in the WHQL drivers. I was worried that they'd be missing.

14. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    OMG non of my video settings seem to work, ive tried em with gom player and Media Player Classic - Home Cinema the only seetting thats does anything is gamma.

do i need to update Avivo or is that nothing to do with it ?

15. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Yes, they never updated the description. Lol

And yes again, they where dated 16th June and now 7 xD
    What a mess, lol

On Gom Player, those will never work, because it doesn't use Ati Stream.
    In Media Player Classic, you have to configure it to work on DXVA

16. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    You guys are right, CrossFire not working correctly in Bad Company 2.

My X2 is showing 80% load in GPU1 and 40% load on GPU2. And I'm getting crappy framerates in the game.

17. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
    "Grass and crops are no longer rendered ramdoly at unusual locations in bad company 2 game scenes"

Finally!

18. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    here you go:) (1920x1200, AA8x,All on High, DOF, Dx10.1)

in menu:
    [​IMG]
    in game:
    [​IMG]

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    What a star! Thanks, Kohlendioxidus. So something is wrong on my system?

Re: the new application profiles. I'm not 100% sure but I think ATI have taken down the new ones and replaced them with the 10.5 ones from May with a new date. The reason I suspect this is that I redownloaded them and uninstalled the one that was dated 6/16/2010. However, when I check the Program and Features control panel they have the older version number from last month, v2.0.3790, whereas I'm positive the ones posted on the ATI site earlier this evening were v2.0.38xx.

Can anyone else confirm this?

20. cowman

cowman Guest

Anyone tried these with a 5770 with BC2?? I'm currently running the 10.4a drivers and was curious if these give performance increases with the 5770!