ATi Catalyst 10.6

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Witcher

Witcher Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel
    I am new to ATI. Can any one tell me, which driver will be good for my card?

2. GaBBa-Gandalf

GaBBa-Gandalf Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x XFX HD6970 2GB
    Does somebody know how i can deactivate die flash-acceleration?

Edit:
    I found it...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  3. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    On my HD 5850s, Tho I using asus 10.6's for there top series, I not having any problems at all. All my games I tried work great.

4. Exodite

Exodite Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    If the last official release, currently 10.6, works without issues I'd say go with that. Newer releases includes fixes and optimizations so unless they break anything for you the latest ones are always preferable.

5. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    I've discovered an problem with World of Warcraft and the texturing of shadows:
    Set to 5/5 max:
    [​IMG]
    Set to 3/5:
    [​IMG]

6. sonic1611

sonic1611 New Member

GPU:
    Asus 5870 oc 900/1300
    tryed 10.6 again but still the same problems.
    i notice big performance on bc2 nice around 60fps max settings (shadow low ):biggun:
    but on other games that i play a lot these days.
    Wolfenstein enemy territory = opengl bug or something ? tryed to turn off the opengl extensions. then i have bad fps around 14
    http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/939/wet20100713224841.png
    Call of duty United offensive buffer overrun
    http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8707/coduobufferoverrun.jpg

tryed clean install and driver sweeper but without any results
    but 10.4 works fine with those games but bad performance with bc2
    any one any idea??:chainsaw2:
    sorry for bad my english:bang:

7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Its been mentioned a few times, try TwLs drivers.

8. sonic1611

sonic1611 New Member

GPU:
    Asus 5870 oc 900/1300
    it is working atm with twl drivers and the extra OpenGL_Switcher. ^^:arnie::beer:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2010
  9. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    These drivers are trash, thought I would try them again with latest profiles and TF2 keeps losing crossfire and has the same bug as BFBC2 where FPS is 30 in team selection scene etc.

Total fail for Crossfire users and the App Profiles don't fix the mess just make it slightly better. Back to 10.5 again.

Sure hope 10.7 gets rid of all these crossfire issues.

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio

11. rdlf2048

rdlf2048 New Member

GPU:
    ATi Mob Radeon HD 4200
    I certainly agree.
    At least I have issued and experienced so bad results when running ATI video converter that came with 10.6 version of this damn catalyst mobile.:puke2:
    [​IMG]

It also random freezes my screen randomly its so disappointing so frustrating that I had to get back to OEMs driver that did not get the issue totally solved in other words I still have the freeze. The keyboard keeps responding though.

When searching for a simple gadget that can report the gpus temp and keeping watching it (with or without any third-part app installed) nvidia seems to be the (only and) better supported. ATI is so last year when it comes to simple-but-useful apps/sidebar/tools.

Last but not least, Mr. Makedon seems to just not care about the questions I ask on his tweeter. I guess the ati graphic team really needs some improvement OR change the hole team starting from the Catalyst general manager. Shame on them.

NOTE: Im relating my experience with my acer 4540 (AMD Athlon II M300 + ATI Mobility Radeon HD4200 - 256MB GDDR2 SDRAM @32bit) and I know this is a desktop-card-related thread but in the end we are all in the same (****ed) boat coz I also use catalyst (mobility) drivers so I dont care if you complain about it or not.

12. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Perhaps your problem is that you bought bottom end hardware to run compute intensive tasks on. If you'd done some research you'll find the HD4200 is based on the old HD3400, which is based on the old HD2xxx series. Basically you're running an RV620 which I believe does not support OpenCL. Low-end GPU is low-end.

Also on the note of notebook drivers, it is up to the notebook manufacturer whether or not to follow the standard for implementing a GPU in a laptop which is why your GPU is only supported by OEM drivers and not generic catalyst drivers. Perhaps you should be pointing the finger at your notebook manufacturer?

As far as I'm aware all gadgets are written by third party users, although I could be wrong as I don't really care for gadgets on windows. So once again not really a problem with the catalyst driver or ATi. If you want such an application so bad why not just write it yourself?

13. rdlf2048

rdlf2048 New Member

GPU:
    ATi Mob Radeon HD 4200
    Thats not the point as far as I know Im not here to explain myself of why I bought this hardware and its not your concern. But now that youve talked about it for your information I did some digging before getting it. And I know for sure that its capable of running HD videos and supports ATi Stream so the issues I just pointed out has nothing to do with the hardware being old or not, once its supported.

I already did that and they seem not to worry about it and you know why. They make their own driver and will NOT support the new ones because they dont want us to bother the technical support team with such a thing.

[/quote]
    Perhaps you got me wrong I just meant other apps like everest and even hardwareInfo32 have a better support for nvidia. Not the case for ati users. That as a matter fact reflects the same scenario for tools and other utilities because it seems that ati is always in second plan, despite of their video cards popularity. Either way its not for me or even you to judge so I hold my answer here. Thanks for the tip.

14. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    http://hothardware.com/News/ATI-Stream-Transcoding-Runtime-Update/

#1 As you'll see Radeon 4350 - 4550 (Based on the RV710 GPU)are not supported. It seems only 4600+ series cards are supported. Seeing as the 4200 is based on RV620 it's a given that it also is not supported. Simply having support for ATi Stream is not enough.

#2 So yes, blame ACER.

#3 I have found no evidence of this on any ATi GPU I have used. However with newer GPUs you'll need the latest version of the monitoring tools to get support, just like with modern CPUs or any modern hardware for that fact.

15. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X (Pascal) + X34
    I feel this needs to be wider known ^

16. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I'm sorry but how or where is the overdrive tab or control for 10.6

17. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    It's where it always has been in the CCC. Maybe you had an installation problem?

18. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    [​IMG]

Show me where?

19. John Larsen

John Larsen Banned

GPU:
    hd5970
    Delete from registry "Overdrive5" key and reboot.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  20. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    *Post now irrelevant*

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010