ATi Catalyst 10.6

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. leonmbj

leonmbj Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire 5850 1GB(OC)
    the final version is already on AMD's site

2. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    ATI links works now.. use an download manager of any sort if a problem.. 'Getright' seems to do for me.

3. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570's SLI
    Links are not working and i just got off the phone with ati and they confirmed this.

4. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    5000's series driver
    :eyebrows: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Sadly, it's not a bug but a workaround for the grey screen of death issue I think so I doubt ATI will ever 'fix' it as that is there solution.

None of the links are working properly although I did manage to get hold of and install the new application profiles. I wish ATI would list what new things have been added, makes it pretty useless if you don't know what new games have been added. I'm hoping for CrossFireX profiles for Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Blur and Split/Second personally.

6. erocker

erocker Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    AMD's site seems a mess right now. Looks like they are giving the "drivers" area of their site an overhaul. Should be up officially any minute now. :)

7. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    Hmmmmm seems to of been removed from ATi's site, i only get a link for the release notes.

ATi drivers are sooooo shi* its untrue, why on earth did i ever leave Nvidia :(

8. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    >>Higher settings can now be selected in GTA 4 with Crossfire enabled

Hah, so what about that "memory is not pooled", eh? Or "that's a bug, not a feature"... See, I told you :)

9. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    EPIC FAIL... BC2 is not working with 5870 Crossfire and 10.6 :(

I even installed the new crossfirex profile

10. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    Memory is NOT pooled, obviously they did some sort of tweak, I know nothing about what they actually did though. However, let me say this again: memory is not pooled.

11. Luke7

Luke7 Active Member

GPU:
    4 GB
    Same here on my HD4870X2
    BC2 runs very bad with the 10.6 and the loading bug on 4000 series has still not found it's way to the whql drivers

12. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I got the Win7-32 from the Megaupload link.
    Installing over the top of 10.5a, I got a blue screen on reboot, just before the desktop loads.
    You cant uninstall ATI drivers in safe mode so I rolled back just the video driver in device manager, this got me back into Windows.
    I uninstalled everything, rebooted and used DriverSweeper to remove all ATI files etc.
    After installing 10.6 again it blue screened before loading the desktop.

Hmph

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    It's working fine here as it was with the 10.6 betas. I have the new application profile installed too.

Have you tried a clean installation?

14. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    Installing now...:3eyes:

15. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    Thanks for the info.

Anyway, i gonna wait for TwL to mod them... :D

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Odd.

Unlike the 10.6 beta drivers which seemed to disable PowerPlay so:

(a) If I had Overdrive enabled and was overclocking then GPU2 would idle at 400/1250 MHz on the desktop with higher temperatures; or
    (b) If Overdrive was disabled then both GPUs would idle at 157/300 MHz with exactly the same temperatures.

Now, with the 10.6 WHQL drivers, it is back to how it was with the 10.5 WHQL and earlier drivers. That is it doesn't matter whether I enable Overdrive and overclock or not, GPU2 still shows as 850/1200 MHz because PowerPlay has put it into sleep mode and the idle temperatures are lower (32 C) than GPU1, which is at 157/300 MHz and running at 34 C. Isn't that how PowerPlay is supposed to work?

17. Ourasi

Ourasi Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    If you thought 10.6 beta 17th. may was fine, then you are missing like 100 fps and do not even know it, these officials are unfortunately screwed with regards to CFX on BC2......... How can they screw up this game on every release, even loadscreen is bugged with single digits FPS, and loads slower again... USE FRAPS before you say it's fine mate...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  18. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570's SLI
    Im starting to feel the same way but i figured after all the years they would get their **** together i quess not.Their so called fix for grey screen and 2 d clocks screw up overclocking for me and ive never had a 2d crash.I think i might just pick up a couple 480 gtx's and send this 5970 the ebay way.Just didnt want the heat with the 480's.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    @Ourasi - I play BC2 with v-sync on and it's running at 60 fps pretty much constantly on my PC and seldom dips below that. Since that's the maximum framerate I can get on my 24" display it makes no difference whether I'm losing 100 fps, although I doubt that is the case. CrossFireX is working fine here with an even load across both GPUs and no microstuttering.

Re: my previous post about PowerPlay... I rebooted and my heart sank when I noticed that GPU2 was idling at 400/1250 MHz when the desktop appeared and the GPU Monitor sidebar gadget loaded. After a few seconds though GPU2 changed to 850/1200 MHz and the temperature has dropped to 33 C. In other words, PowerPlay does appear to be working as it always did before. I'm happy with that because the 10.6 betas disabled PowerPlay and gave me higher temperatures on my second GPU on the desktop, albeit only by a few degrees C.

20. nizzen

nizzen Maha Guru

GPU:
    3x2080ti/5700x/1060
    Is v-sync on working in win7 and bc2?

Are you sure?

I getting ~60fps in bc2 32 player with one card... And I still do not believe vsync is working :p