ATi Catalyst 10.6

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Should all use the feedback and tell them, enough is enough, drop the monthly WHQL driver programme, its not working, hasn't worked for the past 10 years.

We want you like Nvidia, just releasing 2/3 WHQL a year (instead of 12), and in between, you can release a load of unfinished betas, as the bugs in those, no one would bitch at yer for, as everyone knows you would get bugs in unfinished drivers, and that would also give you more time to work on the WHQL's, thus making them better, as you could release a crap load of betas for about 4 months, then you could stick out a WHQL, be a win for you, and a win for us, as you would only be getting slagged about 2/3 times a year (if the WHQL's also have bugs), instead of 12 times a year (once a month) like you do now :)

Get that feedback in people!!!

2. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    it was DX11 and I have triple buffering off. Haven't tried DX10 or 9 yet

3. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    I am not a fan of the driver sweeper method, but in this case it was a life saver. I always install the new drivers on top of the old ones. And I have never used the converter. I have nothing to convert. :p

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    There may be bug fixes for specific games that apply to all cards but I don't think you'll see any performances increases as they tend to be for the newer HD 5000 cards and to a lesser extent the HD 4000 ones.

You will see framerate improvements in some games for sure and you'll be able to bump up the resolution and add AA as you'll have 1 GB of video memory but your CPU will almost certainly bottleneck other games. So long as you don't have expectations of doubling your framerates in every game then I think it would be a worthwhile upgrade.

5. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    Someone have tried deblocking feature?
    I can't see any difference on many videos tried.

6. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    already sent the CEO a message like that asking where the hell 10.12 are :biggun:

7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    I support this

Where do i send this. I can't remember where is the feedback thing.

8. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    I see a performance drop in games using the 10.6. Going back to the 10.5 :)

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    @The General - I'm not surprised you're seeing a performance drop... is that an NVIDIA card I see listed in your specs? ;)

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2

11. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
  12. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Pity they dont read them

13. rdlf2048

rdlf2048 New Member

GPU:
    ATi Mob Radeon HD 4200
    despite cpu usage that is stil between 80 to 90%, that makes two of us now
    absolutely no difference. anyone else?

14. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    no one banned you yet? :)

[​IMG]

15. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Nvidia's driver way way better then ATi's any day dude I never seen them release 2 crappy drivers in a row for my 9800tgx and so far with my 5770 hawk I have had two terrible drivers in a row how many more must I get from them.if ATi starts to release new drivers like every 2-3 months and they work great then i'm all for it but I await to see if that actually helps them put a out good drivers for a change.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010

16. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Depends on the card. My last experience was awful, given that it was with a 9800GX2. Nvidia has it's own set of problems that come with every driver release. Neither are perfect and both have plenty of areas that they can improve upon.

17. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    from what I seen with any x2 card from ATi or nvidia is a lot of bad issues which is why I go with single gpu's and not dual gpu's.last ATi gpu I had was a x1900txt and that thing was rock solid and had no problems with drivers and then went to nvidia to see how far they came from when I had a fx 5200 and was really impressed with the BFG 8800gt, and 9800gtx now i'm back with ATi with my MSI R5770 Hawk 1gb and the card it self is pure awesome nothing bad about the card it self just these half ass drivers that fix nothing in the only game that gives me problems like random fps drop when i am getting 70fps+ and with 10.6 it went from 80fps n mp to 0 in a split second for no reason for about 10 seconds then shot back up to 60 or black squares that pop up and ATi claim to fixed them I I don't see that they fixed it or the fps drop.

18. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    what game you are talking about ? If you want a good fix driver try the xg extreme driver from tweek force. It gave me 48 fps full max setting that mean 1920x1080 2xAA 16XAF tessallation and shadow on very high with aliens vs predator. All my game are working super fine. But you need a clean install of the driver. After uninstalling the driver clean in safe mode with driver sweeper from guru3d. then install xgextreme 10.6 driver.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  19. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    I will report my use of these drivers, but firstly

I would like to thank ATI for its effort and try to be updated and new always.

I am a dedicated gamer to AVP online, I HEART AVP multiplayer, so my rerport will be about performance in AVP online.

as you may know i have 5870 crossfire, and X58-ud7 with 930 I7 clocked to 4ghz.

Driver version ATI 10.6 was a disaster in AVP multiplayer as my fps in many maps dips or falls to 60 fps from 90 fps, my Setting is ALL MAX with dx11 all options on, res 1920x1080.

i removed the driver 10.6 and did cleaning, than i reverted back to 10.5,

Driver 10.5 is a dream to me in AVP online, the frame rates alwys 85-90 constant! now i play in AVP online LIKE A PRO! my scores online are rocking high! on marien and predator!

i did install apps profile 10.6 but didnt notice any diffrence!

Hope you guys like my report in AVP online.

thanks!

20. edigee

edigee Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 960/GT 820M
    Does those drivers bring anything new in terms of DXVA and playing videos in particular ,for old HD4xxx and Hd3xxx series?