ATi Catalyst 10.4 Official

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Apr 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. cmatt099

cmatt099 Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 580 Direct CUII
    have you ever played a online shooter... this one basically gets everything right and is the best out for PC untill the next thing comes around stick to your games and let us worry bout ours. Ive had some great times playing with friends with this game!

2. Antarius

Antarius Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 280 SLI x 2
    10.4 gives me freezes in different games =(. I went back to 10.3 and everything is ok.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  3. EagleClaw

EagleClaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB Vapor-X
    Same experience here. I have been playing online Shooters since Doom CO-OP and this game is a blast :banana:

4. Burgurne

Burgurne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980Ti
    Still freezes in TDU like 10.4a and 10.4b did. Back to 10.3 and the problem is gone.
    Does ATI have an error-report like nvidia, where I can notice them about TDU and 10.4?

5. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I just downloaded these and not sure if I should spend the time uninstalling 10.3 and installing 10.4 if I won't see much improvements in Call of Duty:Modern warfare 2,AvP2010,L4D,Crysis,or borderlands.Should I try these out?

6. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    dunno after seeing how bad dice messed up BF2 pretty bad I think i'll pass unless there is a demo,but BF2 was a good game disregarding all the the things dice did to the game.

7. Egregious

Egregious Member

GPU:
    Mobility 5830 1GB GDDR3
    In Sanel's defense I haven't been able to get into the Battlefield games either...

I guess Counter-Strike has ruined me as far as online shooters go.:cry:

Oh and I've had zero problems with these drivers - coming from 8.74.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Yeah driver feedback
    [​IMG]

9. IcemaN22

IcemaN22 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti OC
    Not good drivers for 4xxx series cards in bad company 2, the long loading time bug is still there. I use 10.4 preview drivers now, but get BSOD every 2nd hour or soo (ati.sys) :(

10. MadTom

MadTom Member

GPU:
    XFX 5850 1GB
    It seems Shattered Horizon is working much worse then the 10.3a I used before.

Also the big mouse cursor happens more often, and DXVA FullHD video now bluescreens (before it would just stall the computer)

11. leonmbj

leonmbj Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire 5850 1GB(OC)
    I wanto to say 3 things:

1.These drivers are for Video encoding (no improvements in games)

2.Before install a new driver, uninstall the previous one, and use an driver remove(ex: DriverSweeper) to clean 100%

3.In BF BC2 I having now a less 6 seconds loading time.

now waiting for 10.5a...

12. rno

rno Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB
    I'm perfectly fine with 10.3 WHQL and will skip 10.4, maybe 10.5 .. :)

13. TheJakeyl88

TheJakeyl88 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5850 - 1GB
    10.4 preview and 10.4a are the best for my 5850.. So far the official 10.3 and 10.4 gives me purple lines at the windows welcome screen, on the desktop, in videos... Hard to see them in 3d games, but at the game menu they show. Switched to any preview fixes it instantly. I thought the problem went away, when I was using 10.4 preview, from the official 10.3. They came back on rebooting, so I tried to the 10.4a after trying to get the officials to work, but on the reboot with 10.4a, they were gone and still are. I'll be sticking to the preview drivers from now on.

I also noticed the reflections or the lighting in Dirt 2 were better looking and more detailed with the 10.4 preview drivers.

14. n185

n185 Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    These Drivers do not Work for AA for me in Bad Company 2 i have tried many times and i get flashing Textures especially when i move, however when i play a different game its perfect any ideas? i have a 5850 Graphics card.

15. Feneeth of Borg

Feneeth of Borg Member Guru

GPU:
    TwinFrz R9 270Xx2
    The performance isn't based on drivers, but the fact that SOME ppl here arent cleaning thier registry, bad ppl! (scwerts water bottle)

:p

Seriously, that slows ya down a lot, I suggest trying wise registry cleaner, its good for a freebie.

16. Burgurne

Burgurne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980Ti
    Well, I do get thru the entire process with uninstall, using driversweeper in safe mode, reboot and installing 10.4, and still, I have troubble with freezing in Test Drive Unlimited. Doing the same things again and then installing 10.3 and TDU is working fine again.
    So don't JUST use bad driver uninstall as reason for unstable gaming!!

17. bhokuto

bhokuto Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R5670 HD 1GB DDR5
    Frame rates dropped by 4 to 5 with WHQL 10.4 down from 54 to 49/50FPS

Also, with the OGL4 preview dated March29, I went and set the 3D to highest settings. Optimal Settings tweaked everything to the max then, ran Cinebench 11.5. GPU test OpenGL.

the result was phenomenal. The two cars ran too fast! Off the scale and the result was without calculation. So I have no numbers. When I set the 3D to normal or 'Default' Cinebench ran the test with green lights and hit 54FPS with OGL4 not bad, but the two cars ran slower than with the 3D slider set to Optimal Quality.

with the older drivers 10.2 and below the GPU ran an average of 33 to 34 FPS. So I gained 20FPS with OGL4. What did they do? I also installed ATI Stream 2.01.

Well, things just go up and down.

18. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti AMP! OC
    For me, this drivers (10.4 whql) works good and very stable. But i wait for 10.5 :)