ATI Catalyst 10.2 Official

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Rotterdam

Rotterdam Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 Amp Edition
    Hmmmm,

Do no tknow what to think of these drivers.

Games seem smoother, but what i do not understand is why my idle temps have gone up with about 10°C to 41°C, So this means when i play games my load themps have gone up aswell. and are now around 85° and that is without OC.. When i start to oc i go just a bit over 90°. Before was with oc of 900-1200 @1,20V around 70°-75°....

Gonna see what happends if i roll back . to see if i get temps down.

2. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Could not see any change in temperatures on my end. My custom fan curve still idling at 35% like before. Maybe they just changed the way CCC is showing the temp?

3. Aix

Aix Member

GPU:
    GTX 580 3GB SLI
    I don't think it's your engineering sample, GA, since I'm experiencing the same problem with my regular 5870. I actually bought your old 5870 from you before you moved up to your 5970.

I don't know if the one you sold me was an ES, but since then I've bought a PowerColor 5870 for Crossfire and my machine hangs even when the PowerColor card is in the primary PCI-e slot.

Tonight I'm going to try them both separately to see if that does anything.

Basically this is my situation:
    -Uninstall old drivers -> restart successfully into Windows 7 x64
    -Install new drivers -> restart
    -Windows hangs on black screen -> press reset
    -receive "Windows failed to start" message -> perform system restore
    -back to my old driver

4. Rotterdam

Rotterdam Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 Amp Edition
    Well. i tried the 9.12 hotfix driver and the 8.703 and when i set my fan @ 35% the temps go down to 34°C.

Then driversweep. also removed stream and the new profile app. reg cleaner. then reboot and reinstall the 10.2 now temps with fan @ 30% are GPU1 - 38° and GPU2 - 36°. So bit better then it was...

5. GamingArena

GamingArena Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Titan SC Sig x2 SLi

Please let me know if you have problem with PowerColor card or its just the ATI OEM card's that have problems with this drivers...

Try to install the drivers on each card separately and see if you can get in to the windows with each by itself.

6. jamesrh

jamesrh Member

Asked once, no answer, so I'll try again:

Do the new game profiles work for single card configs, or just crossfire setups?

7. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Just crossfire, the profiles are just to enable proper crossfire faster without having to wait a month for a new driver if a games comes out mid month.

8. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    Well this driver solved a lot of crossfire issues for me

1 - Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 now play fine with crossfire on, before i can`t play, just without crossfire, with cross on the game was horrible, about 50 fps

2 - Saboteur - Fixed the image when using crossfire, before i had a lot of artifacts, with just a single card was ok, now it`s ok with crossfire on, not tottaly, still have some but now it`s much better, just few artifacts with cross on

Sorry about my English

9. Maziar

Maziar Member Guru

system specs:
    i7 860 @ stock,Corsair XMS 8GB DDR3 1333,ASUS P755D EVO,Force3D HD 5970
    Compared to Cat 9.12 hotfix here are my results:
    Stalker Call Of Pripyat benchmark:
    I got an average of 1-2 FPS more with 10.2 drivers
    Crysis:
    Didn't change
    FC2:
    My average FPS didn't change but my min FPS rose by 2 and my max FPS rose by 13.
    Batman:
    Cat 9.12 hotfix: Avg: 137.705 - Min: 72 - Max: 195
    Cat 10.2:Avg: 202.902 - Min: 78 - Max: 301
    An impressive gain in Batman as you see.
    Overall its a good driver for me

10. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    there smoother indeed

11. Kovoet

Kovoet Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX770 Sli
    Two nights in a row much much smoother in game.

12. CJLMTLCA

CJLMTLCA Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    I uninstalled via Programs & Features (this is the first time, i'm an over-the-top'er) so i don't feel like uninstalling again AND removing .net on top of that. It's no big deal, everything works fine. If i feel like doing it i'll try it just to test your theory. I was reading the help file within CCC and it mentioned something about disabling it to not interfere with other 3D apps. I'll re-read it fully.

No. Just like you i have given up on those type of programs. I do have a reg cleaner installed and use it mostly to edit my startup because it's faster than going through msconfig. I will once in a blue moon, after uninstalling a troublesome prg that i might want to re-install, run the cleaner and manually delete some entries for peace-of-mind purposes.

Thanks for the suggestions, i will go and do more testing of these wonderful :), outstanding :), great :), beloved :) drivers. (sorry, have to support fellow canadians)

13. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    no greyscreens in 2 days

14. jskyg

jskyg Master Guru

GPU:
    powercolor 5850@775/1125

I'm not making excuses for anybody.......this is a peer to peer help forum, I simply gave an alternative to manually applying profiles...oh and I've experienced nvidias way of doing things, thats why I have an ATI card.:3eyes:

15. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    these are the worst drivers ive used so far, getting lock ups and artifecting when in browsers again... on my next day off im setting up ebay for this crap |:

16. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Lol, ok whatever.

17. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    yea ill be laughing too when i can have real profiles for games and force better AA in games again with nvidia...

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Elite Bushido™ have you tried ATT ?

19. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    Why when i restart windows i can't re-enter the CCP without using : CCP Restart Runtime from the shortcut in the
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe" Restart

because it just does not open if i'm not doing that.

and some of the settings are resetting to default like AVIVO settings and the HDMI display ITC Processing.

on 8.703 it happend too, but did not happen with 10.1, or the 10.2 beta before.

** lal, the whole sentence was exactly same as the command, the Restart and the command of the Restart on the exactly same line,, rofl.

20. aminfri

aminfri Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7870XT 1100/1600
    correct me if i am wrong but last i checked there was no way to force AA in masseffect 2 for example without renaming it. i am sure the same thing applies to bioshock 2, except that we cant rename it.
    ATT makes game profiles based on catalyst internal profiles, it never overrides them.