ATI Catalyst 10.2 Official

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT

Or just use the in game settings where applicable...

2. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    And then when I finish playing old game on max AA etc and go play a new game I have to load another profile.

It sucks, I rather set things once for each .exe ala Nvidia and never have to change or choose profiles again.

3. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Really, that's just kind of whiny. Either way, you need to start the game. You can set the profiles to load the game for you. So, regardless of how you do it, you're still applying the profile and starting the game with a couple clicks.

With Nvidia, you have to start the shortcut and the profile is applied for you.

With ATI you start the profile and game at the same time by clicking the profile shortcut or tray menu.

What's the big difference?

4. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    *delete*

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    this is a secret i cannot reveal :devil:

@ Elite Bushido™: i tried the Physx with my Gtx260, Mirror Edge and Graw2 ran perfect without any problems. :)

6. CJLMTLCA

CJLMTLCA Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    I installed these and got a green check like every other time i've installed CCC for the last x years, however in the 3D tab i have no animations. I noticed this on the previous version which was 10.1 but don't know how far back it's been like this. I don't have the buttons in the top right corner to toggle 2D/3D. What would cause this?

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Perhaps you need to uninstall your cat driver then .netframe works (all of them) then reboot. Next reinstall .netframeworks 3.5 SP1 then reinstall Cat 10.2 and see if that fixes it.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A7-AC26-4AD7-B68C-FE5076BBA986&displaylang=en

8. jskyg

jskyg Master Guru

GPU:
    powercolor 5850@775/1125

you know ati tray tools has an excellent profile manager, it lets you create a new shortcut for your game with all the custom settings you want.

9. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080

Crysis never ran well on ATI cards anyway so I might as well stick to benching dirt2...

10. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    :|

yea well ive taken my 8800GTX out now, so im contemplating on hocking this card to get 2 of the newer nvidia cards -_-

11. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    So i take it the 4xxx series wont be seeing any improvements again then..

12. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    From my understanding ATI doesnt support Physx, so I assume forcing it could create problems.

What are you missing from Physx anyway?

13. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    what kind of improvements do you expect? So far they are rock solid and run everything pretty fast :p

14. wazups2x

wazups2x Active Member

GPU:
    R9 390
    Do you use CCleaner or another registry cleaner? I was using CCleaner and it deleted something that stopped the animations from working. Luckily I save before I ever delete so I just restored them. I no longer use any registry cleaner because I really don't see a need and they can cause more harm than good sometimes.

15. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    nah it was working fine(google ATI Physx Guide youll find a lot of tuts) but once i installed these it all went to hell, even after fully wiping the nvidia and ati drivers... so w/e, might be goin back to Green. the AA quality with nvidia seemed better anyway :puke2:

and for why i want it, a couple games now like Batman and its also really for future proofing but if im having trouble now, then just forget it

16. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Another year for my 4850 would be great :)

17. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Well for one dead space crashing every 10mins with the driver not responding and only happens in dead space no other game, i did report this sometime ago to the driver feedback but now ive contacted tech support and still have no reply

18. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Rename it to Godfather.exe

19. jamesrh

jamesrh Member

So ... the profiles don't do anything for us single card users? Or can we run them too?

20. Exodite

Exodite Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    That nVidia's handling of game profiles is simply superior?

I'm sorry but it is, and I'm not the only one who feels that way. I certainly don't regret migrating to the 4870 from my old 7950GT but at the top of the, very short, list of things I miss is automatic, per-game profiling.

Besides, I don't use the tray icon and even if I did I'd have to manually change back to my desktop profile after leaving a game.
    Not this again. *sigh*

He didn't ask for that, did he?

ATT might be a good piece of software but it's third party and there's no guarantee it'll work out well, or continue to be supported, for any particular user.

Why do people feel they have to make excuses for AMD?

The lack of automatic, per-game profiling continues to be a major deterrent to people who've experienced nVidia's way of doing things. It's a much-requested feature for good reasons.