ATI Catalyst 10.2 Official

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Nice appraisal. O/T Why are you not overclocking the nuts off your CPU matey?

2. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Stripes can happen if your system is unstable. I never get them for instance.

3. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    Tell me one reason I shouldn't be able to:

Change AA and AF settings for each game seperately
    Turn SLi off/on for specific game, switch between SLi and single being seemless
    Change rendering mode, pre-rendered frames, vsync etc all for each game.

All that and you never have to think about dozens of hotkeys or customized short cuts.

4. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Does Cat 10.2 install much faster then previous cats for anyone else?

5. Zebatshu

Zebatshu Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670
    TF2 feels a lot smoother, getting 200+ fps with the profiles. :banana:

6. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850

There is still hope , From the same anandtech review

we still want to see AMD relinquish some of their control of game profiles so that enthusiasts have the ability to play with them if they desire.

To that end, we did some digging and at least in the 10.3 driver set being sampled to us, AMD includes a utility called atiapfxx that can read and write the encrypted files that store profiles. However in spite of its proclaimed ability to decrypt AMD’s profiles, we have been unable to successfully do so as the tool keeps crashing. Furthermore AMD declined to provide us with any kind of sample of what an unencrypted profile (which would be in XML form) would look like, so we don’t even know quite what’s in a profile. Finally, it looks like AMD is signing the profiles with a key (not included) judging from the command-line options in the utility. So in spite of having moved profiles out of the drivers, it doesn’t look like enthusiasts are any closer to getting to write profiles for AMD’s drivers.

7. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Change AA and AF (AI too)settings profiles was in the drivers already I think.
    And then all the rest you mention takes 5 seconds to change.
    But I was referring more to Crossfire profiles or support. No more renaming necessary as before.

8. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Exactly, I want per game profiles so I can set once and never have to go back to change **** every time I run another game and I dont want shortcuts all over either.

Per game profiles in CCC NOW!

9. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    guess because i never needed to overclock anything on any of my previous or current rigs, believe it or not 3.0ghz is plenty even for this 5970 card, it's what i consider the minimum ideal speed because it's a speed that does not put much breaks on a fast card.

i get anywhere from 30 to high 1000fps (depending on game) and even when i hit the minimum fps it rarely feels laggy or stuttery, also keep in mind i'm not sensitive to fps fluctuations unlike many who insist on 60+fps or nothing. ;)

i just want my pc to run smooth when i play games, it does, so why bother? the "If it ain't broke, tweak it" just doesn't apply to me.

[​IMG]

10. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    got a grey screen and a couple driver stopped responding after using these, seems to happen when i actually use Physx

11. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i'm going to test this, going to put my gtx260 in and give it a try, let's see.

12. circusdevil

circusdevil Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870x2 (800-920)
    There is no, none, zip, zilch, performance or quality increases on the 4870x2 from 10.1 to 10.2. I ran passmark and there is a needle point difference if not smaller. Narrow tent, whatever tent hurts performance and quality. I guess they stopped improving the driver for us 4870x2 users. BUT im very happy with the performance and quality that im having. My 2 cents. have proof if needed.

13. Aztek87

Aztek87 Active Member

GPU:
    NV Geforce GTX 780M 4GB
    My computer restarts as soon as i try to play Alien Vs Predator, rolling back to 9.12 now...it was the same with the 10.1s i guess they forgot about the 4000s series now.

14. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Yeah, but why have a QX which is basically meant for overclocking and is sold at a premium just because it has an unlocked multiplier...

Oh and gave this drivers a run in Vantage, nothing to write home about 9.12 hotfix are still king in Vantage. Now see how they run in BFBC2.

15. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    yea and Crysis would crash, now that i uninstalled the nvidia drivers its fine...
    think i really might go back to green, this is just too annoying(and the forcing AA crap is getting annoying too)

16. guerrilladawg

guerrilladawg Active Member

GPU:
    HD 6950
    [​IMG]

Is this normal after having 10.2 installed ?

17. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    guerrilladawg,
    DxDiag doesn't show that Cat 10.2 is WHQL'd nor does it show a date. Something went wrong with your install because those show up on my end.

18. guerrilladawg

guerrilladawg Active Member

GPU:
    HD 6950
    What OS do you have ?

19. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
  20. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Simply right click the tray icon and select your profile that way.