ATI Catalyst 10.2 Official

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    19202 to 19383 in Vantage with these drivers for me.

2. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X (Pascal) + X34
    I'm trying to install these on my laptop, and it tells me "ATi Display Driver" is already up to date during "custom install", but I only have 10.1 installed.

I try force-installing via Device Manager, but tells me "driver does not support your OS" or something like that.

It has integrated HD 3200.

3. FearFactory

FearFactory Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX570 X 4GB
    Is the grey screen problem fixed on this release...?

4. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    With what drivers would I get the best FPS from? Should I stick with 10.1?

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    You should update.

6. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    To what exactly?

7. DrLightman

DrLightman Member

GPU:
    XFX 5870 XT
    I already got 1 GSOD. I left STALKER into the menù and went out, be back after 10 min pressed esc to resume, and the scene froze as soon as I move the mouse, then GSOD.

8. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Why do people get excited about the trailerpark in DIRT 2? The FPS slows down for me too, but it does not matter.

Why do I need 60fps select select bleeding options? The rest of the game flies so whats the problem?

9. Dr Tone

Dr Tone Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX Titan SC
    I wouldn't doubt that the GSOD bug is back in this driver and will require another hotfix to fix it. These drivers were probably submitted for WHQL before 10.1 GSOD hotfix driver was even released.

10. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    You gotta be kidding me, [H]'s article talked about these 10.2s like they were the best thing since sliced bread...

Still no custom game profiles.... :mad:

11. YWAGMOTH

YWAGMOTH Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    nope, vertical stripes for me still in this game.

PS: boa sorte pro teu porto hj na champions. abraço

12. Wu-TanG

Wu-TanG Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 6970 DirectCU II
    Tried 9.12/10.1 and with both i had the flash bug in MW2, so I went back to 9.11. But with these drivers they are solved thank god.
    FPS whise didn't notice any big improvements, but they look stable.
    And there is nothing about App Profiles etc. Tried the installer from ATI's site, but didn't do anything.

13. LauZaIM

LauZaIM Member

GPU:
    GTX470@U2311H
    Morrigan's portrait is black with these drivers in Dragon Age. Pretty small issue but thats what I've noticed during just 5 minutes using these.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    indeed it sux!

another quote

"
    When we asked Terry about this at CES, he said that AMD’s position is that they believe users are better off with professionally created and validated profiles, rather than enthusiast created profiles that may end up having problems. We don’t disagree with the logic of this statement, but as enthusiasts we have never been above getting our hands dirty and/or creating problems in the process of solving them (it’s half the fun!). AMD absolutely needs to publish profiles for games, but we still want to see AMD relinquish some of their control of game profiles so that enthusiasts have the ability to play with them if they desire.
    "

drivers are same as 8.703 for me btw :)

15. Liniuxs

Liniuxs Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD5770
    I don't know guys, but my new game Aliens Vs Predator won't work, then done loading map he just off and back to desktop.

16. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    Why not have us users decide if we want to use the official profiles or customize them like NVIDIA lets us do?

AMD's logic bites them in arse...

17. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Once we start seeing those .xml profiles a program like XML NotePad should be able to read them. However, that depends on the level of encryption though.

18. FearFactory

FearFactory Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX570 X 4GB
    hmm thanks for the info.. i'm looking to upgrade, but if this problem keeps going, ATI is out of my list.

PS: Brigado :) lá ganharam mas com um golo um bocado manhoso hehe Mas que se lixe, tantas vezes que as equipas tugas sao prejudicadas! Amanha o teu SLB deve dar uns 3 ou 4! este ano podem perfeitamente ganhar a Liga Europa se continuaram a jogar bem como estão. Outro abraço

19. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Why users should mess with the profiles? I still dont understand the logic of it.

The point of this change is to release profiles often, these are created by the professionals at ATI. If they are created by some dudes and messed their system then you have these people in forums bitching about drivers.

User sli profiles most of the time dont work, you still have to wait for beta drivers to fix that and normally break other games. This is not mentioning 3rd party software.

20. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i don't have any futuremark product installed, i don't care for them since that last time where i got worse scores with some drivers but actually my games all ran like 2x better, so screw them.

tested the 10.2 a little with FC2, FO3 and Resident Evil 5.

FC2 DX10 - small bench = 3fps increase , medium = 2fps, long = 3fps, avg increase = 2-3fps

FO3 - no increase, game smooth as butter with the HD mod and much less occasional hitching.

Resident Evil 5 DX10 - increased 5fps

so there's certainly an increase of anything from 2 to 5fps, no problems at all, image quality about the same no change which is a good thing actually that they did not mess the IQ in the process.

best drivers for me so far, i'm using W7 Professional X64.