ATI Catalyst 10.2 Official

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    That appears to be only you with that issue my friend...... I'm not sure ATI would write drivers that only fail on your machine so I'd consider a bit more research closer to home.

Forums are full of people blaming ATI for their own problems at the minute. They are usually ex-nvidia owners flapping as they don't know what they are doing.

As for forcing AA, ATI do have profiles to do that they are just different. Having used both Nvidia's and ATI's quite a bit over the past couple for years I can honestly say anybody complaining about ATI's way because they don't like having shortcuts or having to right click to task bar over Nvidia's way are just being whiny little girls.

Nvidia can't force AA in Bioshock 2 on most cards either yet, its an engine thing so will everybody STFU about it....The cards that appear to apply AA create graphical glitches too.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    no your right, but i didnt know you coudnt rename it. indeed overriding on the fly is the way it should work.

3. Lacusmons

Lacusmons Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    These are working fine since release. Me like :)

4. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    Side topic here gents (and ladies) I am sorry if I digress
    I am thinking about getting ME2, I have played Bioshock 1 and the ME1 and even Batman Arkam Asylum All very good unreal engine games. How do I go about renaming the .exe to force AA? What are the risks?

Edit I have installed 10.2 and it has speed up the games but my gray screen sleep mode has returned. I am reverting back to

Driver Packaging Version 8.703-100210a-095560E

5. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    With 10.2 I don't have to rename the exe. of MassEffect 2 to force AA.
    Playing with 8xAA,16xAF and Multisample. (1920x1200) 60fps

6. aminfri

aminfri Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7870XT 1100/1600
    are you sure? i tried it with 10.2 and didnt work here, renaming works fine thu. are you sure you are not using any beta drivers.

7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    I can confirm that too.
    NO need to rename anything.
    AA and AF works straight forward

8. aminfri

aminfri Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7870XT 1100/1600
    hmmmmm, you are right. tried it again just now and as you said there is no need to rename the exe. dont know why i missed it the first time i tried.?!
    anyways anyone here knows how to check and see which games have profiles? i keep hearing exe names and stuff being embedded in ati dll files. any one care to explain?

9. marthand

marthand Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850+Nvidia 8800GTS
    Bull****
    I cant Play Darkvoid.
    Its not using GPU at all.

10. blade203

blade203 Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4850 1 GB
    These are working fine so far,
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Unigine Heaven Benchmark has got noticeable improvement in FPS with these drivers for me, and new AVP game plays smooth on VERY HIGH :biggun:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010

11. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    So...

I can't install these. Or 10.2.

I get all kinds of weird stuff. Now, even if I re-extract the package, the installer says "INF not found"

12. Trolle

Trolle Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2070
    i installed these yesterday and had/have no problems with these(never had any drivers problems since i got my card anyway so :p )

13. Usl

Usl Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD5870
    Compare to 10.1 they are sweet fine & crystaline!

14. CyberTronics

CyberTronics Active Member

GPU:
    4870 512mb 800/1000
    Dirt2 crashed after 10 minutes playing on my system. Also I noticed fps drop in Dirt2 and 3dmark Vantage. With 9.12 + hotfix there wasn't any problems. Will try 10.3 beta tomorrow.

15. narfukit

narfukit New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD5870 SOC 1G
    howdy.

I've installed these without issue and my games are running just fine. Not playing anything too taxing atm either - Star Wars - TFU (PC)

In the CCC everything looks ok.

Yet in dxdiag, there is absolutely no version info!

I've already installed these twice - 1st time as an upgrade, 2nd time was a remove, safemode and driversweep, reinstall. same thing. AV was disabled during install and i even re-downloaded from ATI before re-installing.

Any ideas???

16. Aix

Aix Member

GPU:
    GTX 580 3GB SLI
    Hey GamingArena, I didn't get a chance to try again until tonight and unfortunately the ATI OEM card will not work with driver 10.2. It installed fine on the PowerColor card but even then if I just swapped in the OEM card it would freeze after the Windows splash screen.

It also will freeze if both cards are in, in any combination of master and slave.

Both my PowerColor and ATI OEM cards report as having the same BIOS revision as well, so I'm not sure what is keeping the OEM from working. View attachment 3228

17. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Now this couldn't have been said any better... +1 times infinity

18. ragingsilver

ragingsilver Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ATi 5770
    so did these drivers get rid of the grey screens and lines? I read the release nots and it's not mentioned in the win7 category but are still in vista.

19. Feneeth of Borg

Feneeth of Borg Member Guru

GPU:
    TwinFrz R9 270Xx2
    I have that IGP for my rig on the right, its honestly pretty sweet, (I'm not sure, but I think powerstrip can overclock it)

Make sure you use the standard CCC package, not the Avivo or Hydravision package, because they are still the 10.1 versions, they didn't have any newer version of the driver when I used custom for my Diamond 2600 XT either.

10.2 set is working great for me, especially since I finally overclocked its Athlon 4400+ to 2950 MHz, WEI moved up from 5.0 to 5.4, sweet!:banana:
    NO MORE BOTTLENECK! YAAAAA!

20. ltte

ltte Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1080 PE
    I get exactly the same problem with these drivers and DXDiag:

Core I7 940
    Vista 64 Ultimate SP2 latest updates
    Radeon 4870X2
    12GB RAM
    Creative XFI Titanium Sound Card
    Gigabyte UD5 X58 Motherboard