ATi Catalyst 10.10d Hotfix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Nov 1, 2010.

Tags:
  1. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    IC

btw i am using msi AB to achieve very high OCs but i shut down CCC and MOM cos i think they interefere with the higher voltages and won't allow the AB to reach those high OCs.

The problem is do those settings that are set in CCC 3D still remain even though i have shut down MOM and CCC?

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Trimmed? You mean dimmed? Oh that's good news then. I haven't noticed because I have Disable Desktop Composition checked for the executable.

*EDIT*

Confirmed! :D

Well I must say that despite ATI's best efforts to disappoint me in the past, they've really excelled themselves with the 10.10 drivers, particularly as they've been updated three times (four if you count the leaked betas as the first). These drivers seem very good for me in the testing I've done. Only World in Conflict's borked up single player profile remains an issue here but at least there is a workaround for that (rename WiC.exe to WiC_Online.exe).

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Darren does CFX work for you with darksiders ? it doesnt for me :(

4. drago 2005

drago 2005 New Member

GPU:
    HD5870 1gb CFX

hi,not works HD5870CFX for darksiders.

5. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Ooopps, it's dimmed, yeah :p

Oh, I've updated WiC to latest patch and it's working fine.

Not working for me too.

6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    By latest patch, do you mean there's a new one later than the v1.011 I have installed or just that fully-patched it is working for you?

I can only get WiC's single player to work if I rename WiC.exe to WiC_Online.exe. Everything points to it being a profile error otherwise the game would not run at all, right? I did think it was a conflict caused by having the IE9 beta installed but I don't see how it can be that if renaming gets it working again.

Re: Darksiders - ATI added a profile for the game to support anti-aliasing but disabled CFX to fix the negative scaling issue. From personal experience they do they with many games which is why I'm so apathetic toward CFX at the moment and cannot why to get back to a single more powerful GPU, whether that's the HD 6970 or GTX 580.

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    funny isnt it, while forcing a crysis profile enables CFX.

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, that was the fix I was originally using but it made the game feel laggy despite running always at 60 fps!

The game definitely runs better on one GPU which is why ATI disabled it I guess but I still get the odd stutter or hitch from time to time (while still maintaining 60 fps) so performance isn't perfect. I have 16xMSAA forced via an RP profile and the game still maintains 60 fps 99.99% of the time. It really doesn't need CFX to be honest, at least not for me.

9. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Using patch 1.011 and it's working fine.

10. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    I know, done it already.

Still, it's a bug.

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks for the clarification.

Strange... I guess I'll have to uninstall then reinstall the game again then if that's the case.

As a programmer, do you have any explanation as to why I can only run the game OK if I rename WiC.exe to WiC_Online.exe because it is a complete and utter mystery to me. I'm using the 10.10d Hotfix drivers with the 10.9a CAP (because it has a later version number than the 10.10 one despite being exactly the same file size).

*EDIT*

This thread *here* suggests it was a problem with the driver (Doctor Hades is me by the way). Roadkillz reported that if the CAP was uninstalled that the game worked which ties in with my assertion that it is caused by a profile error. I have not tried that yet though. May do that first before I reinstall the game.

12. bodean

bodean Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    This a known issue?

13. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Can someone answer this for me?

14. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    ...but regular 4xMSAA gives better performance and crisp picture ;)

15. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Maybe it's just for us HD5xxx users? I wonder if it performs better then regular AA on HD6xxx cards.

16. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    Maybe, but I highly doubt it. Besides, IQ that MLAA produces is even worse than 4x wide tent AA. You really need to be running high resolutions for MLAA mudfest to be acceptable. In 1680x1050 it's really blurry (for me at least).

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @japamd - I uninstalled the Application Profile and now World in Conflict's single player loads with no problems at all so, at least for me, that issue is caused by that.

Strange that it doesn't affect the game for you or do you not have the same drivers and CAP installed as me? The online mode worked before anyway.

*EDIT*

OK, so knowing that the current CAP breaks World in Conflict's single player I decided to uninstall it again and test from the earliest version I have through to the current one (handy that I keep them all!).

Here's what I discovered (when still using the current 10.10d Hotfix drivers):

10.3 CAP - OK
    10.4 CAP - OK
    10.5 CAP - OK
    10.6 CAP - OK
    10.7 CAP - OK
    10.8/10.8a CAP - OK
    10.9/10.9a CAP - Doesn't work
    10.10 CAP - Doesn't work

So it looks like there's a profile error introduced in the first 10.9 CAP and carried through to the 10.9a and 10.10 CAPs (the last two appear to be identical bar the version numbers anyway)

So what drivers/CAP are you using to get World in Conflict's single player working then?

18. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    How do you disable crossfire now?

19. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I bet he is using the one that comes with 10.10d Hotfix (It comes inside the driver folder atiapfxx.blb)
    If you installed 10.10d hotfix, DON'T INSTALL THE APPS PROFILES downloaded from AMD page.

Since you uninstalled the app profiles, reinstall the 10.10D HOTFIX drivers and try again without installing any CAP at all.

Anyway, if you read the Von Dach thread. Everything is better without the CAPS installed.

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks for reply but I don't understand. Every driver has required us to install the CAP as well for enhancements and optimisations not included in the driver itself so why do I not need to install one for the 10.10d Hotfix drivers?