Ati Catalyst 10.1 Grey Screen hotfix

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. rone

rone Member Guru

Well, this hotfix doesn't fix nothing for me. Still lots of TDR events when watching DXVA accelerated video. Stability in internet browser Flash videos is even worse than with v.8.70 RC2 driver - lots of windows TDR events here too.
    Will wait for another fix.

2. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    For me so far so good. And by the way, don't use flash beta 10.1 because the support is very buggy.

3. SashaX

SashaX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX TITAN @ 1150 MHz
    Wich one is your card?

I hope this is really working.
    ATI driver developers might fail sometimes (maybe lots of times too). But they do listen to costumers.

4. rone

rone Member Guru

Asus HD5870. Hoping that these crashes in DXVA&Flash video doesn't mean that the card is becoming expensive paperweight.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010

5. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    Does this include the hotfix for ME2?

6. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Not sure, but it should. Same driver as the last with a .1 at the end, and of course the grey screen fix.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    It does, installed it just to be up to date (Seems to work with most of the recent ATI hardware.) and it's basically adding to the 10.1 hotfix by fixing this powerplay bug (Or what it was.) for ATI 5800 series. (And perhaps other 5000 models like 5700 or 5900, unsure.) doesn't include anything else so those wanting a peak at 10.2 are still best of with the 8.70 RC2 drivers. :)

8. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    wtf is vertical line corruptions

9. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    The kind of you don't want to see. I had that yesterday. Almost shat my pants when got it while wathing youtube video..

10. olapaulakoski

olapaulakoski Master Guru

GPU:
    msi hawk 5770 1 gb
    I actually installed it on my 5770 yesterday. Havent crashed yet, not tinkled with anything had it on idle overnight without doing my own idle clocks. It seems that it maybe works on my card. Usually i get a crash on desktop as soon as it idles.

11. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    you mean like when the screen just starts flippin out wit artifacts or somethin?

12. Karnage3099

Karnage3099 Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970
    so I installed these played wow for hours.....then as i quit..crash driver not responding blue-grey screen......:(

13. Lacusmons

Lacusmons Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Catalyst Maker cofirms that the gray screen hotfix only works for now on 5850/5870 cards.

3DGameMan: "This also works for the 5970?"
    Catalyst Maker: "No. The hotfix will install on all cards but only will fix the grey screen issue for 5850/5870 for now."

I havent had a gray issue yet with my new PSU. Its a Sapphire Pure 1250W with 104A rails. Works like charm thus far :)

14. olapaulakoski

olapaulakoski Master Guru

GPU:
    msi hawk 5770 1 gb
    Installed it yesterday, had crashes on 10.1 whql had to modd powerplay to get it to not crash. No crashes at all since installing this one and i have not touched powerplay option, seems it might be working on my card.:)

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio

16. hacker

hacker Member

GPU:
    ATI
    Yes.
    AMD server is really fast !
    Why so many people need those Slow upload site !?
    :3eyes:

17. gaintbeam

gaintbeam Active Member

I have the 5870 with this fix... it works to a degree. Was playing AvP demo this morning, the screen turned grey but instead of being hardlocked/looping or reseting, my monitor blinked with a "triangle" error icon on my task bar and I could continue the game. I think the grey screen problem is very complex, so thus far their only solution is allowing the user to keep going but it definitely is not "fixed".

18. acebmxer

acebmxer Member Guru

GPU:
    xFx ATI 5850 760/1113
    Installed these hotfix and had 2 crashes one solid blue screen and one blue with gray vertical stripes. first crash occurred while away from computer came back and saw solid blue screen. Other crash happened trying to wake computer up from sleep. That was with stock 2d clock. Will try bumping up to 400/600

19. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
  20. Ricaspecada

Ricaspecada Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5870
    Installed this hotfix from scratch, played S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat in DX11 and 2 grey screen crashes in 10 minutes... :bang: