ATI Catalystâ„¢ 8.12 Display Drivers officially out

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by BitStream, Dec 10, 2008.

1. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080TI Duke
    Yeah, very noticeable. I did read long time ago, nvidia did lower the IQ in their driver's to give boost in performance.

2. TDurden

TDurden Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    to me, nvidia looks better in world at war

3. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Tried these drivers with Far cry 2 in DX10 mode 1280x1024, 75mhz, 4AA and it seemed very choppy with dips from 55 down to 40 fps and back up again. Anyone with these issues? Should I reduce AA? Is there a real IQ difference between DX10 and DX9 in this game?

4. TDurden

TDurden Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    no difference between dx9 and dx10 in iq
    for me it is very choppy in dx10 with fps spikes, although AVERAGE fps are higher
    that is with catalyst 8.11
    8.12 still gives 43 device manager error

5. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Ok I can revert back to DX9
    But I have never had the 43 device manager error. Many threads indicate it might be a crossfire issue.

6. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Well the crossfire worked fine for me with the 8.12 and hotfix apart from the awlful opengl performance but anyway try this

1) Unistall all the ati drivers and also delete the folder located at C:\ATI
    2) Reboot
    3) load command prompt in windows and type in "bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" without the quotes press enter
    4) Reboot
    5) Download/Install the 8.12 hotfix
    6) Reboot

It may work but thats what i typed in my command prompt after every format and i didnt get any issues with the crossfire or the device problem

7. Slinwagh

Slinwagh Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4850 in xFire
    Well i have just installed the hotfix driver having previously had issues with both the 8.11 and 8.12 driver.

I have just installed the 8.12 hotfix driver on Vista x64. I did the following.

Install Vista

Install the Intel 9.0.0.1011 chipset driver.

Install 8.12 Hotfix driver, using the defaults.

8. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Okay FAR CRY 2 with the 8.12 in DX10 with gfx_maxfps 45 in console and no smooth mouse etc. Looked good slightly better shadows than DX9. But got a crash to desktop after 1.5 hours first started with major FPS spikes and then crash..
    Reverting back to DX9...
    I only play Farcry2 at the moment..

9. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    CHRIST massive problem. Did a clean uninstall of 8.12 with drivercleaner in safe mode. Tried to install 8.11 whith hot fix, failed to install!! Then I reinstalled 8.12, which woked. But now Catalyst Control Centre does not work! Far cry 2 and dead space opens and runs with no problem. But I cannot access avivo colour or over clocking et.
    Help!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  10. fez

fez Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3D Radeon 7870 2gb
    you are in a damn "TEST MODE" ... run windows in normal mode...

11. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Been running windows in test mode for months, thats not the issue.
    I got the problem fixed, downloaded the 8.12 driver from the Guru3D web page and it works. Even got higher stable clocks with that one! Just three hours of darkness and terror.

With test mode I can get around the pesky and annoying digital signature thing (most of them)

12. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    Now that you mention it, I have not had that problem yet with this driver version.

13. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I guess you never had the problem before. This problem existed for me when my system was over clocked. My memory timings were off. After many retesting I finally got the sweat spot. I assume you using vista. My system runs perfect now.. But that is only my experience.

14. ddoggma

ddoggma Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 3850/512
    I just uninstalled the old ones,then reboot>CCleaner>DCPro>reboot>ran 8.12s>reboot>alls well so far. IQ a little better FarCry2 runs better and looks better. Old driver was 8.4 I think.

15. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    I had this problem a lot with the cat 8.11. It happened several times a day. I have not had this issue at all with the 8.12. Since it is a generic problem(as in there isn't one particular thing that causes it repeatedly) there is no telling what changed to correct it.

16. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    any hotfix for 8.12?? and do i have to install the hydravision software and what is it really for???

17. fille007

fille007 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Ati 5970
    yesterdy,i build a new system.
    core i7 920-6gb ddr3 1333hz-asus p6t deluxe,installed vista 64,installed all other drivers,updated windows,then i installed as last the ati drivers,no cf tab in 8.12,for me is ati hopeless,what is godsname should i do to have cf tab in ccc,so i'm using now 8.10

18. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    i was getting weird drops in fps in every games now and then when i installed 8.12 over 8.6 and 8.11 .... then i decided to use driver sweeper and cleaned everything... now i have 8.12 installed and its doing fine... i guess the only issue is the cf issue as i have seen lot of ppl complaining about it.... but i think for crossfire there is a hotfix out there and you need to install that if you have a crossfire setup and 8.12 installed

19. !H'Guru

!H'Guru Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 @ 925/4900 Rivamod
    After a lot of testing(/playing games basically), these were very stable! No bugs detected so far. No crashes, performs better in Fallout3 compared to 8.11. FC2 smoother. The rest performs very good and consistent. BTW, I have just tested Edge-detect AA on 4x in-game settings on pretty much any game. Especially TF2 and supreme commander looks better on 4X in-game than the standart "box" filter in CCC. You should try that! The IQ is way better while maintaining 40+ FPS on 1920*1200 in most games.