ATI Catalystâ„¢ 10.7 Beta OpenGL ES 2.0

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by HaZe303, Jul 26, 2010.

1. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    what is wrong with your card

2. Riemen01

Riemen01 Member

GPU:
    2x 5770 CFX + GTX 260 PPU
    The driver seems to be unstable. During Metro 2033, screen got black some times for a second. Finally it crashed with a bluescreen... Did a complete Driver sweep before installing the new one. Will try the official 10.7 now.

3. Funky Doodle

Funky Doodle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI HD 5830 1GB
    u don't know how ati release their drivers? after two more releases they will fix that issue!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  4. Phatzy

Phatzy Guest

with 10.5 driver.
    [​IMG]

with 10.7 driver.
    [​IMG]

why does the drivers still think my monitor supports 1920 x 1080 when my monitor only supports upto 1440 x 900.

5. Feneeth of Borg

Feneeth of Borg Member Guru

GPU:
    HP ENVY RTX 2080 LM
    *Notices that he has the mobile 5650 as well and ****s bricks*

from the bench above it seems the issue with super low fps somewhere was fixed considering it changed from 2.4 to 17.6, fixes like this are always welcome.

Ati is trying and that is as much as I can ask from them.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well it seems ATI do listen... kind of... after disabling CrossFireX for Saints Row 2 last month (10.6) they've re-enabled it for the 10.7 betas as I've just tested it: no flickering and both GPUs being used 60% on my system. Game feels a lot smoother. Thank you!

Shame they didn't re-enable CrossFireX for Blur though... :(

7. Feneeth of Borg

GPU:
    HP ENVY RTX 2080 LM
    if they didnt reenable it, then they are still fixing it, unless you are dying this month, then calm down and be patient.

8. Abilio_KID

Abilio_KID Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Armor OC
    Well, with these 10.7 beta I'm back at 10.6 performance (with the only few games I play). Hmm, they also seem smoother, unless it's placebo effect...

9. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    It has been over 2 months since blur was released. Online community dies down, other games come out .. etc If they can't keep up, i'll have a look at the competition for my next upgrade.

10. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    How do these compare to the 10.7 beta with BC2?

edit: sorry for double post

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Calm down and be patient?!? The game has been out six weeks now and online support is dwindling by the day. How long do you realistically think people want to wait before they can play their games to the full limits of their hardware? :3eyes:

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (another two month old game) still has broken CrossFireX support. It works but you'll get massive framerate drops with two GPUs, lower than you get with one. I reported this issue when the game came out so I'm surprised ATI haven't fixed it. Thanks to RadeonPro I can easily disable CrossFireX for affected games but I really shouldn't have to.

12. Feneeth of Borg

GPU:
    HP ENVY RTX 2080 LM
    I know noone wants to wait, and I think the monthly release system is stupid just like you, and that it shouldnt be broken in the first place, but I dont think that lack of crossfire is the reason why the community is dwindling. I dont know if you know this, but people who crossfire dont make up a large part of the gaming community for any game. Most people can't even tell you what the stickers on their ****ty pre-built pentium $500 "gaming" rig say. its not a big loss for the company, but they dont like it and ATI has no reason to hurry up for them, at least none other that giving what their customers paid for anyway.

the entire gpu industry appears to be in an era of mind**** and butthurt, and there isnt a single thing we can do other than get jobs there to fix the issues.

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Officials are 2 weeks older, they now out, so may as well stick with these :)

14. Feneeth of Borg

GPU:
    HP ENVY RTX 2080 LM
    *wants the video improvement so he see improvement in what little HD content there is on youtube*

damn 10.8 butthurt...

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Looks like ATI have added native AA support for Alpha Protocol with this release as I no longer need to use RadeonPro's BiAHH AA profile to force it anymore. Not that many people will care about that game anymore but for those two or three that do...

These drivers, from early impressions, are looking very promising.

16. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    Blur is slower with Crossfire enabled so there is Zero point enabling it. If you want to have lower FPS then feel free to manually rename the game and then Crossfire it to your hearts content.

17. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    10.8/10.7 cant even play PvZ with hardware acceleration, pretty poor considering the game is not even that demanding..

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  18. Abilio_KID

Abilio_KID Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Armor OC
    I think I spoke too soon. This time speeds are locked at 400/900, even inside a game. This is giving me a very noticeable FPS decrease and I can't change the speeds back to idle nor the full 850/1200.
    I'm going to be stuck with the official 10.6 from now on? WTF is going on?

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The triple buffering bugs are still there from the 10.6 WHQL drivers for both Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. and World in Conflict. That is they both show the CrossFireX icon when they load up but refuse to run on anything other than a single card and, weirdly, GPU2 at that rather than GPU1. Disabling triple buffering fixes it.

I reported this issue over a month ago but it seems ATI haven't bothered to fix it. Triple buffering and CrossFireX worked with 10.5, 10.4 and 10.3 though.

20. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I don't know what has happened at ATI since 10.5 but it has all been downhill since. Concentrating too much on stupid video options and braking everything else in the process.