ATI Cat 9.5 with Windows 7 RC

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by retiredat44, Jun 6, 2009.

1. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti 11 G
    I am not 100% happy with the ATI Catalyst 9.5 and drivers with Win7 RC 32 exe. I am having some problems with the display and options. I have none of these problems with WinXP. Like using both a 20" CRT monitor and my 46" LCD TV> No problems in WinXP, but several problems in Win7. When I plug in my LCD TV with my HDMI cable, with Win7, the CRT screen freezes, and the TV looks great with the computer on it, but it is sharing the CRT screen instead of being seperate like in WinXP.

Also, several options for monitors are missing in the ATI Cat 9.5 using Win7 that are available in WinXP. But, since Win7 RC is free for a while, I suppose it's OK.
    :3eyes:

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Windows 7 is still in testing. Expect problems. The display drivers for Windows 7 are still technically betas as Windows7 has not been released in full version.

3. doctorcilantro

doctorcilantro New Member

New system with onboard HD3200 and X64 Windows 7.

Big bug in the CCC with the 3D preview; locks up CCC completely.

Also seeing artifacts via HDMI (haven't tested DVI>HDMI); silver lashes, very small and really only noticable when gray is shown.

Rivatuner installed but can't do anything with the driver. Tried messing with refresh rates. Strange thing was it defaulted to 1080i and now at 1080p looks good except for those flashes.

DC

4. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti 11 G
    I have a couple of snapshots of features between WinXP and Win7 with Catalyst display panel options.

One problem though. With WinXP Cat install, I could only install Catalyst 9.3.

With Windows 7 I installed Cat 9.5. Notice the different display options.

These different options in Windows 7 and Cat 9.5 are not allowing me to setup both my CRT monitor and my LCD TV like I can in WinXP with Cat 9.3

The 2 displays are seperate with WinXP Cat 9.3, where I can have each display seperately. In Windows 7 with Cat 9.5 both displays are not working together at all. The CRT is frozen and the LCD is just an extension of the CRT.

In any case, here are the snapshot of the Catalyst display options.

Dammit all! This forum will not let me post snapshots! Oh well try this photo share website:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009

5. jaimyp

jaimyp Active Member

GPU:
    Jetway 8800GT 512MB
    I'm having problems with my 4870, I have dual monitor and not getting output on my second monitor though it DOES detect it. I'm not the only one, some people here are having the same issue:
    Thread

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Did you check the devices menu from the start menu ?
    a friend of mine had to use that for his Nvidia card.

7. SteveP

SteveP Member

GPU:
    HIS HD4850 512mb
    Any problems noted for us that use just a single display? i just installed the RC tonight, but have not installed the Cats I downloaded the other day, wanna make sure there are no problems before installing them.

8. cmh.sparta

cmh.sparta New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870 1024MB
    I'm using a single display. No problems on normal running. When I try to do stress tests with 3DMark Vantage and similar tests I will sometimes get a black screen. But for normal work, no problems.

9. m.3ck

m.3ck Member

GPU:
    2x 4890 1GB CF
    I'm using single display but ccc shows no display manager/properties, so I can't set resolution/refresh rate. My native res [1920x1200] was auto-detected on installation but refresh rate is stuck @59hz. If I try to set 60hz in win7 display settings, it just keeps reverting back to 59. No biggie though.

10. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti 11 G
    Still some dual display problems with Win7 and ATI Cat 9.6.

11. SteveP

SteveP Member

GPU:
    HIS HD4850 512mb
    I am using the Cat 9.5s on win 7 rc 64 bit, and really no problems, have played a few games, Stalker Clear Sky, Volvo : The game, and all seems well, decent performance, and no real problems...