ATI/AMD's new Morphological Anti-aliasing

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Darren Hodgson, Oct 22, 2010.

1. ajkmetiuk

ajkmetiuk Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5830 1GB
    HKR,, MLF_NA, %REG_SZ%, 0
    HKR,, SurfaceFormatReplacements_NA, %REG_SZ%, 0
    HKR,, TFQ_NA, %REG_SZ%, 0
    in evergreen tab

2. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    You'll need the DEF values for it to apply on XML and so on CCC and, if the MLAA itself is not set while installing the profiling doesn't apply it as settings
    are not forwarded from display data to video & XML for CCC to use them correctly.

The new CCC 2.0 as well as the old CCC on new drivers needs the values to be set on all new features (heck even on some old) for them to be applied and
    only few versions does the actual modification (which is why there's some versions of 'driver' people say MLAA isn't working. It's not the driver it's the CCC).

2 cents

3. ajkmetiuk

ajkmetiuk Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5830 1GB
    but in all ccc is the same string
    i tested with both ccc and works in the old and new cp...

4. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    That was not the point. Point was that not all CCC panels can change the value correctly, but installed default enabled it would still work even on these CCC panels.

For example CCC 10.11 MLAA on driver works, MLAA even while option enabled CCC just doesn't change right values/anything to enable it. Same with some of
    10.12 where for example same ""unfunctional"" drivers used by DEFault or by something like 10.10e CCC panel will work.

5. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armour OC GTX1060 6GB
    What is evergreen tab ? I went to regedit....edited the variables as discussed yesterday. No change.

Do I need to install Radeon pro ? Perhaps I need to uninstall Catalyst again and reinstall.

6. ajkmetiuk

ajkmetiuk Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5830 1GB
    this tab
    [ati2mtag_Evergreen_SoftwareDeviceSettings]
    go down and search for the strings...
    try radeon pro too, the newer version is nice

ok, the olds ccc will not work, but with old ccc from 10.12 and the new ccc from 10.12 shows the options in ccc, with old drivers i not tested yet...

7. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    I looked for it but I couldn't find 'ATI2mtag_Evergreen " " " I don't understand why I'm finding it so difficult to get this to work.

I installed Radeon Pro and it showed the Morphological AA setting but it was greyed out so I couldn't use it. Another failed attempt. :D

8. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    BTW, I've got 10.12 drivers with the latest Catalyst menu. Doesn't show MLAA....for me anyway. Maybe it's just not meant to be ?

9. ajkmetiuk

ajkmetiuk Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5830 1GB
    ok, i uploaded my .ini settings (this is for 10.12 with old ccc)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?w5hm4ecs3m4f542
    unninstall your old drivers and install 10.12 with this modded .ini
    try radeon pro too after installing this...

10. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    Many thanks for your help ! I'll give it go now...

11. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    Just a question because I am a real noob with all of this, trust me on this one. Where do I put the ini files ?

12. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    Something that I thought I would share with you guys. Since I installed these 10.12 drivers, Dead Space graphics are all messed up. There are HUGE clipping issues. It's like in the opening intro, I'm only seeing the space portions, but the cockpit is nowhere to be found. The characters are literally floating in space. I have no idea what that is. Perhaps I should try different drivers.

13. ajkmetiuk

ajkmetiuk Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5830 1GB
    extract the package in desktop and search this folders
    packages/drivers/display/W76A_INF <-throw the .ini files here hehe

14. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    I installed the ATI drivers in the c:\program files\ATI directory.

15. cobhc2007

cobhc2007 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 980ti JS
    Can't get the MLAA option no matter what I try, I've modded the inf's myself, reg mods, premodded inf files, etc. and I always end up not having the option, so I'm just gonna forget about it for now.

16. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    try the 10.10e. mlaa is there with no tweaking. plus they seem to be as stable as any of the other recent drivers.

17. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    You have restarted your pc after you made changes, right? If not, it won't work.

18. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yep, reboot after every tweak and/or modification. However I tried Radeon Pro and checked MLAA there and I think it might have made a difference. Can't be sure that it actually worked, but I think Crysis looks like it has less jaggies. I tried Dead Space which is what I really wanted to try but for some reason the new drivers have messed up the graphics. I really have no way of telling me MLAA has made any difference.

For those of you who have MLAA working, does it make a big difference to Dead Space ?

19. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Are there any games where text doesn't get all blurred out when MLAA is used?

20. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    from the games that i have tested no. its more or less a post process affect, so maybe it cant/doesnt detect text?