Ati 6770M Display Driver Problem..

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ayazovina, Sep 21, 2012.

1. ayazovina

ayazovina Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6770M 2GB
    Hello all. I have HP dv6 6115et with ATI 6770M display card. I am using this laptop for 1 year. It started giving errors to me while I'm playing NBA2k12 only after 10-15minutes when I start it. I really don't know what to do but I reinstalled drivers etc. and finally I have a fresh copy of windows. However, it is continue to have those errors. Display goes any color u want such as grey, green,blue or what color the display showed lastly when the display got over. Now I have a screen shot of it which says "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered". However, it does not say it always, sometimes it just go blank and display shuts down...

http://postimage.org/image/o6nu4t4q5/

You can find screenshots and a video of it.

Please help what do i have to do to overcome this problem? I lastly installed v12.3 of ATI driver. I have of course switchable graphic card intel HD. Thats the all information that i can give you. Thank you for ur help!!!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  2. popeye

popeye Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 730M
    Temperatures? Blocked fan(s)? Dust bunnies?

3. ayazovina

ayazovina Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6770M 2GB
    Temperature becomes max 75C degrees. I dont think that it is dusty or dirty inside fan. I have extra cooler under my laptop also. Fan is not blocked of course. I think it started after the installation of v12.8 driver software when it gave blue display and error with atismpg.dll or smthing like that.

4. popeye

popeye Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 730M
    Do you know about leshcat drivers and have you tried them.?

Admin: Don't you think it is time for a switchable laptop sticky or even a separate section?

5. ayazovina

ayazovina Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6770M 2GB
    I did check the Leshcat website but I really dont know which to download and use. I am confused about the time of the error. I was playing those high quality needed games for 1 year but now i can't..

6. popeye

popeye Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 730M
    Really could be many things including hardware. How many memory sticks? Have you tried running just one at a time?

You may want to look at this also: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2665946

7. ayazovina

ayazovina Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6770M 2GB
    What do u mean with memory sticks? RAMs? 2x4GB. I ran 3 games at one time and wait for the error for a long time. I did it couple of times but sometimes it did give the display error sometimes it worked..

8. ayazovina

ayazovina Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6770M 2GB
    "Catalyst 12.8 WHQL UnifL for ATi+Intel Graphics" Is this compatible with laptops?

9. popeye

popeye Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 730M
    The Leshcat drivers are modded specifically for switchable laptops. You need to read his manual and FAQ and do a clean install.
    All you can do is try and see if it helps. At this point I don't know what other advice to give you.
    Maybe someone else will jump in. Did you look at link I posted above at microsoft?

10. ayazovina

ayazovina Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6770M 2GB
    Yes, I checked out the microsoft website and it only give some u know helpful information about it.
    Secondly, I have installed Leshcat v12.8 driver yestarday and I will try to play my games to check it out. However, I have a question for u. What does it mean with this:
    2. Random blank screens on “Fixed Mode”.
    No workaround.

I think it is related with my problem but it couldnt be solved?

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Hey check your CPU overclock and ram etc as well, I've had TDR errors that were caused by other hardware (CPU overclock in my case).

12. ayazovina

ayazovina Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6770M 2GB
    What do you mean by checking? How can i know that it is alright or not?

13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Idk...overheating etc..

14. ayazovina

ayazovina Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6770M 2GB
  15. ayazovina

ayazovina Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6770M 2GB
    If there is a problem with the CPU, what can i do for it?

And also I installed leshcat v12.9 now. I'm gonna try it.

16. Moopsta

Moopsta Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 7690M XT
    I have the amd 7690m xt which is a 6770m just with overclocked stats, and I use the 12.6 drivers and have never had any display driver crashes, I have switchable graphics too I just downloaded 12.6 over my 7690m drivers and it worked perfectly.

17. ayazovina

ayazovina Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6770M 2GB
    I was using my laptop for 1 year without any display problem. It started to happen nowadays... Im just trying to figure out what is the main problem but I couldnt find it.:bang:

18. ayazovina

ayazovina Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6770M 2GB
  19. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Try give Leshcat 12.9 Sep4 a clean install. I've yet to get TDR error since i installed it 4 days ago.

20. ayazovina

ayazovina Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6770M 2GB
    I tried the Leshcat 12.9 but it really slows down my computer. Why I don't know but when I uninstalled it and installed the official 12.6, now it is fine with the speed. I decided to change settings of HP CoolSense to "Cooler Mode" to have better temperature. Since yesterday, I didn't got any problem yet.