ATi 6000 Series Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Rich_Guy, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DM_777

DM_777 Master Guru

GPU:
    Winfast 9600GT & HD3870
    i'm only reflecting on history, and history usually repeated itself, and AMD priced their 5870 at 399$ at launch, because at that time Nvidia was gonna launch their Fermi, and AMD feared it may be better so they tone down on the prices, and Fermi got delayed a few times, and what i meant is the next 6xxx series could have a higher pricing scheme by AMD, just like what they did when P4 performance is a lot lower than their cpu.

2. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    humm its true nvidia's cards are not selling well. do u know why? because of the higher price. if amd do the same they will not be able to sell those product well.

and why are u forgetting about the fermi 2 which is coming. and nvidia is working really hard to put that product in the market but silently.

if u already have a gtx400 or 5 series are u going to buy a new direct x 11 card this year? i dont think u will( if u are not like boder.. lol). so when you will need a new card ( i think next year june at least) nvidia will be with their next generation cards. and the war will be on. as a result price will be lower...

let them fight cause after all we are getting the benefit who ever wins....

edit: sorry brother i didn't see that u got a dx 10 generation card. and its not right time to buy a new card.. u missed the pick time to buy a new gen card.. best wishes with your next rig..

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  3. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    sorry for the mistake... lol. its 5970...

4. sajibjoarder

sajibjoarder Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080 FE
    :biggun:

core was a laptop cpu and was produced just for testing the new architecture. intel never put lower price on their products !!!!never!!!!! :banana:

even at that time athlon xp was the better processor had lower price where intel's extreme editions ware selling at $1k. i hate intel for that still bound to use their cpus cause they got the better products...

5. DM_777

DM_777 Master Guru

GPU:
    Winfast 9600GT & HD3870
    actually at the time the first Core Duo is launched, it is cheaper than AMD Athlon x2, i didn't know that Intel was gonna launched a new CPU, and i bought that Athlon x2, and i regret for not waiting, because the review said that Intel Core Duo is faster than Athlon 64 x2, but core duo age is very short, and after intel realize they own the crown again, they stopped the Core Duo manufacturing, and replaced it with Core 2 Duo.

Core Duo and Core 2 Duo are different CPU.

6. jskyg

jskyg Master Guru

GPU:
    powercolor 5850@775/1125
    I too am guilty of paying too much for my card, I bought it in oct 2009 for $350 but I didnt care at the time, they were sold out everywhere and given the knowledge I now have I think I got an excellent deal, no buyers remorse here.

I'm not a fanboy, this card has excelled in everything, no matter what game I play it can handle it with 4x AA, on a 1080p monitor thats all you'll ever need.

honestly this has been the most trouble free card ive ever owned, people complain about ati drivers.....seriously wtf are they doing wrong? (working for nvidia?) ive had a total of 3 grey screens all last year and none since.

7. jskyg

jskyg Master Guru

GPU:
    powercolor 5850@775/1125
    I've never owned an amd cpu, personally I'm hoping they get it together soon, I'd drop intel in a second if amd can produce a processor that beats my current 9550 at my OC speeds.

they beat p4 and prescotts all to hell, wth happened?

8. darkan99el

darkan99el Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 9800GTX+ 512MB GDDR
    My my my, I do seemed to have touched a raw nerve don't I. I apologise for trying to be funny and promise never to do it again... maybe.

Well, firstly this thread seems to have lost its sense of humour, not that it had one in the first place. Calling me a Troll is a tad excessive but you're obviously very highly strung individuals so I can make allowances

@PhatKat: that's just sick, not even in an attempt at humour is that in any way funny. Oh and call me a paedo again and I'll deck you. I await your apology.

@serp202: Seriously, move away from the PC and get a life. Do you speak to your ma with that mouth, it shows a lack control dude chill out, anyone would have thought I'd slighted the family name. If you'd have talked to me like that in real life dude you'd be on the floor, so consider yourself decked.

@ScoobyDooby: I expected more from you but never-mind, I'll save humour for other my other forums and leave it out on this one.

@Hallyru: Cheers mate for watching me back, I think they are so obsessed number crunching they missed the fun, if they had been a bit more observant they would have noticed that I can't really dish out bragging rights with my ickle tiny Zotac 9800gtx+ with a paltry 512mb of memory. The fact I'm referencing a fictitious model and used lol and hahahaha in a very short sentence obviously means nothing.

But... there is fact in that sentence, as ATI are not known for their stability. But I'm sure someone will prove me wrong on that, lol!

I await your intelligent, non abusive replies, while I eat my bowl of cornflakes.

9. jskyg

jskyg Master Guru

GPU:
    powercolor 5850@775/1125
    "ATI are not known for their stability"

really?

hmmm I've owned Ati cards since 2002 and I never noticed......imagine that.

10. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    darkan99e
    Troll detected, don't feed them

11. darkan99el

darkan99el Active Member

GPU:
    Ok i'll leave ya to it.

12. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

Oooh, you are strange.:banana:

13. darkan99el

darkan99el Active Member

GPU:
    I accept your apology Phatkat lol!

14. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

I can apologize like that any day, and eww.:puke2:

15. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O
    On topic;

Maybe the screenshots are fake, but who's to say that they're inflated numbers? If I had the next best thing, I'd make it seem a little dumber, so the impact at release would be huge.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Sorry, those were for v2.1 of Heaven.

17. klanjsek

klanjsek Active Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 5870 900/1250
    :evilgrin::peeleft::roll:

nvidia <- ati

18. darkan99el

darkan99el Active Member

GPU:
    In the real world what does all this number crunching mean? what can it be applied to does anything you run on your systems utilise the power shown, or is it just a case of I have a V8 Hemmy but I'm limited to 50 mph.

On games - 1-2 FPS more? did you know humans have a FPS limit i.e. when you go over a certain FPS we don't notice nor care to notice the extra, which becomes a waste of time obtaining.

In Applications - 2D? National grid draining SLI/Crossfire systems that will not ever use the processing power that you're paying for.

In Applications - 3D? End user retail versions just aren't designed for this kind of work.

Graphic card memory - Aren't most of the games available incapable or not programmed to use the 1Gb+ cards.

its fine gruffing at the figures but it means nought if it can't be applied.

(No cornflakes were harmed during the writing of this on-topic post)

19. TheGuuH

TheGuuH Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 470 XFX
    [​IMG]

omg

20. EagleClaw

EagleClaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB Vapor-X
    Are you 10 years old? Really are you?

Either you are a young child, really stupid or you believe everything you read on the internet.

This whole "humans have a FPS limit" has been hashed over for YEARS so go google it and keep it the **** out of this thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.