ATI 6.6 Catalyst's released today. Discussion.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by OvR|<|LL, Jun 26, 2006.

1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It doesn't support my Radeon....

=[

2. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    uhhmm guys....anyone tried if the drivers work good on Moible graphics. Is there any performance increase than the Omega drivers.

3. Gorki

Gorki Active Member

GPU:
    ATI X1800XL 256Mb
    Ok guys I tried these and I have problems Instaling them. I succesfully Instaled NGO 6.6 set and using them with no problem but when I removed them and try catalyst 6.6 I bumped into new problems.
    PICTURE
    First case shown on picture was after I remowed NGO and used DC in safe mod to remove leftovers aparently I did not remove drivers well so I did it once more and I succesfully instaled drivers manualy in thi order. Instaled WDM drivers firs then run driver setup and install them just before restarting option that appears when finished errror appear shown on picture 2. I restarted,booted wit no problem and run games fine with no issue.
    Next day I power on my comp and error apear picture 3.
    I remove everything from registry using DC that is related with ati I even used Cab cleaner but I had no luck..
    I downloaded 34 mb packed with catalyst and WDM drivers but I installed them separate just to avoid any problems...unfortunatly...
    I used DC thousand of times and never had problem..since ATI started producing problems with every new driver set they make!
    Could smomeone give me any tip how to correct this?
    Thx. I did not won to start new thread so I add mine here..I hope that is not problem. :rolleyes:

4. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    There seems to be so many probs with 6.6 that most should just stay with / revert to 6.5..............

5. Gorki

Gorki Active Member

GPU:
    ATI X1800XL 256Mb
    Yes it could be fine if 6.5 works fine but all 6.5 series catalys or moded crash 3d mark 05 reporting BSOD coruption on some ati dll file. So I dont wont to risk my sys stability no matter the game stability... 6.4 and 6.3 gives me startup BSOD when I install it so 6.2 is my choice...
    I finaly get ATI card that I like and I start regreting my ex nvidia card!
    I could say that ATI drivers sucks on x1000 series card!
    There are so many people reporting all kins of problems with 6.x drivers...

6. pantsmachine

pantsmachine Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 260gtx
    Installed 6.6's yesterday after using DC to clean. Monitor went black after 5 minutes of no use on initial and sunsequent boots. Not power setting related, Used DC again and i am now back onto 6.3's. Its a funny old game!

7. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Wow,

its hard to believe that so many people have had so many issues with these drivers. I myself have had none. Ony real time i have had any issue with ATI drivers is with their tv tuner. Its a beats to get instlalled. I had such a time with it , and even when I got it installed my boox hated it all it would do is reboot.

8. S31Kronos

S31Kronos Member Guru

GPU:
    msi r4870 1gb
    Ditto, I've been using the ngo 6.6 without tray tools, and it runs just great.

9. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB

exactly what has that got to do with anything?? You're using a different driver

:stewpid:

10. nugg0t

nugg0t New Member

<y card was fine before, and drivers were running smoothly. Then went to a LAN, installed latest driver (6.6 I believe... ) and my card resets itself after about 2 mins of play.

Tried going back to 6.5, same problem.

I have 9600XT 256MB.