ATI 5970 Problem with A.I. and Mouse Cursor

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Lurker28, May 31, 2010.

1. Lurker28

Lurker28 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5970
    I bought my 5970 in January and never had to much of a problem. I recently noticed I'm now having problems with the card.

When I start a game like Starcraft 2, Bad Company 2, or League of Legends the screen will continue to vertically scroll over and over again, kind of like an old film reel. I've found the only way to solve this is to actually turn Catalyst A.I. off and the problem is fixed. I've downloaded both 10.4 and 10.5 and neither have fixed this issue. I have the latest profiles for the Month of May.

Lastly, my mouse cursor (only when in a 3D game) will randomly giltch. Now after the 3D game glitches the mouse will stay glitched even when outside of the 3D game. I know it is the 3D Gaming (OpenGL, etc.) due to me going weeks w/o playing a game and just using Adobe Suite/Internet/Movies and the like. However, if I play Heroes of Newerth, Starcraft 2, The Witcher, etc. after a randomly intervals of time the mouse cursor will become distorted. The only way to solve this problem is through a restart.

Edit: Some new information has come to my attention. I hvae a dual monitor display. 28'' Hans G (HG281D) and a 22'' Samsung (226BW)....when I plug just the 22 inch in it does not give me this error, when I plug just the 28 inch in it still gives me this vertical scroll problem.
    <===== Specs:

and suggestions would be helpful.

Last edited: May 31, 2010