ATI 3D Setup

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by CairnisReed, Feb 26, 2011.

1. CairnisReed

CairnisReed Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 680
    Hey all,
    So, I've got an ATI 5870, and am looking for a 3d setup for it. First of all, do the ATI Drivers allow you to turn on Stereoscopic 3d, or do you still need IZ3D drivers?

Secondly, what monitor should I get? Im not really looking for anything to expensive, and would want it to be atleast 1680x1050, infact 1680x1050 or 1920x1080 would be great.

Other than the resolution, I really have no idea what I am looking for or what to do.
    Thanks

2. CairnisReed

CairnisReed Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 680
    Ok, so, I've done a little bit more research, but some of it has just brought up more questions.
    AMD HD3D, what is that? Is it its own separate driver (like an IZ3D driver) that lets you play in 3D? Or is it just saying that AMD supports IZ3D and other 3rd party 3d drivers?

Basically what I am looking at is getting IZ3D drivers. But I have no idea what monitors and glasses are compatible with IZ3D drivers, and I cant find a list.
    Is this list (on the amd site) for compatibility with HD3D the same with IZ3D compatibility. AKA, will what works with HD3D also work with IZ3D?
    http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-hd3d/pages/supported-hardware.aspx

3. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
  4. CairnisReed

CairnisReed Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 680
    Yeah, but I read that quality and color was partially lost in anaglyph when you compare it to stereoscopic.
    I am no doubt going to try my games in anaglyph first, but in the event that I am satisfied and would prefer 120hz stereoscopic, can IZ3D run 120hz stereoscopic, and what monitor and glasses would I need?

5. CairnisReed

CairnisReed Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 680
    Is that true? Anaglyph has lower quality than stereoscopic?
    can IZ3D run 120hz stereoscopic, and what monitor and glasses would I need?

6. L7R

L7R Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 2GB
    I'm in the same boat and thought I'm the only person in the world who have ATI card and 3D television and everything set up for proper 3D gaming. No help from google either.

I just got crysis 2 and now I really would like to get 3D working. Good luck, I'm keeping eye on this topic, for sure.

7. Sow-craytes

Sow-craytes Member

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    You need a new card, first of all.
    AMD does not support 3D unless you have a 5xxx or 6xxx serices card.

8. h2on0

h2on0 Member

GPU:
    ati 2 x 5870
    Is anyone with a 5870 have 3d bluray capabilty somehow?

9. E71

E71 New Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    Anyone had any luck with stereo 3D on ATI cards?

I have a 5850 and am looking to experience stereoscopic 3d in games on a 23/24 inch 1080p monitor. I just don't know which 120Hz/3D monitor/glasses/ir-transmitter I need.

Feeling kinda down about how little 3D support/documentation there is for us Radeon-owners. I don't wish to switch over to NVIDIA or use Anaglyph tech (the colors really hurt my eyes).

10. XxOsurfer3xX

XxOsurfer3xX Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 580 Windforce
    I used to have a 5870 crossfire and I gave up and bought a 580. Great decision for me, no more wating for cfx profiles and 3D vision is awesome...

11. SpinelessNJ

SpinelessNJ New Member

GPU:
    asus 6950 dcu2
    You can get ati 3d working easy. Just download the tridef or iz3d driver. You will need to set your resolution and follow some simple instructions on the websidte of the driver you choose. Both drivers are trails. Support is very low and slow. Its the same for Nvidia.

12. methanol88

methanol88 Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 5850+sapphire 5970
    A bit late, but i think i m gonna bite on the Viewsonic V3D241wm-LED for around 350 euros. 120 hz, 1080p, supported by the HD3D website and dual DVI link for 1080p/60hz per eye. Seems like a good deal and one of the few that actually work along with samsung options.

13. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI