Asynchronous Compute

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Carfax, Feb 25, 2016.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    So the gist of it is that you are not 100% sure about the NVIDIA numbers. I'm willing to believe them actually, I just believe that they come with the added cost of die space.

2. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
  3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Dat AMD propaganda :) AMD fanboys think that Asynchronous compute is the be all end all of DX12 or something, and with AMD emphasizing it constantly, I can't say that I blame them for believing that..

4. yobooh

yobooh Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    That slide it's actually marketing scam but this it's interesting if it reveal to be true. I'm Waiting for serious benchmark.

[​IMG]

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    It's not propaganda, it's just a straight up lie. AMD is good at those lately.

6. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Valve implements Async Reprojection in SteamVR

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Idk that AMD slide looks fake. It reminds me of the Nvidia slides showing the 1060 against the 480 - the entire slide looks shoddy, the text in some elements are like fuzzy (AMD logo) the rest is weird, for example using "i.e" no one puts that on a slide.

Some ayymd forum nerd probably made that.

8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Well, 480 and 1060 are in fact very close in their respective prices now, with 1060 falling below $250 even in the US lately. And where I am it's even worse, with RX480 8GB being more expensive than 1060 6GB all the time since their launches.