Asus Xonar DS? DX? - OR CREATIVE!

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ArCElM, Aug 18, 2009.

1. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    thats the real deal m8ty!!!! we support the companies that cover our needs,we ignore the companies that cuts and loose the meaning of technology innovation:bang:

2. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    i dont like the cp on the asus xonar stx to clustered together but i like dh > cmss-3d on my hd650 at least as far as i can tell

3. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    the control panel i guess right? its so must fast and all the over is more or less than 10mb!!! on creative is 50-60mb compressed so its so much difrence! the cp of xonar has no bugs like slow open crash and etc...its simple and fast to use...

4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I find th ASUS control panel to be extremely fast, light and easy to use.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I like the control panel on my Asus too, though i stay in the main part at all times though.

6. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    u r enjoy ur card m8? u like the futures that gives u?

7. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, i love it, had it a year now, all games work perfect, movies sound great and i shocked some of my audiophile mates who though all PC audio sucked.

Will be getting your one once i get myself an HD Receiver, are the driver issues sorted on that now?

8. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    m8 u dont be dissaponted th HDAV 1.3 is the best od all xonars u see the real beauty in this one..!!! if u have the cash get it now! more power and more clarity!i buy new headphones this month and reciever a bit later..but as for the sound all my games sounds perfect specially the openal ones...but the emulation is so cool cause the cards has the best sound output for quality audio and with the emulation u get the best maybe sometimes the GX is not so ok but its software in the driver and it will be improved but who cares 4 the best effects if u have the best sound and multichannel support in games!!!

9. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Sorry, completely forgot about this thread. I said what I had to say after being verbally attacked for my experience and opinion.

But to answer your question, I play lots of games, don't think I need to give the specifics but I play a lot of BF series, COD, Q4 and Ut2k4 and U3 and other recent games like Cryostasis and all of em have EAX and are all popular games. Well maybe not Cryostasis (sucks really).

Anyhow, he can go whatever route he wants. After the initial attitude I just walked away. I don't really care.

I know if I upgrade, the itch is occurring, I'm going Auzentech Prelude 7.1 which sounds better than any Titanium card.

10. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    What set of speakers are recommended with a 1.3?
    A Z-5500 will do?

11. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    LOL! No problem. Honestly you need to chill man. I wasn't attacking. I'm a longtime gamer and pretty devoted to PC gaming and upgrading my rig. If you look at my spec's, for today it is quite an effective gaming PC. I've actually to these cards on good setups since I'm in the market like you, I love listening to music, watching movies and playing games. I play a crapload. I was just trying to tell you that. It seemed to me you read and stuff, but haven't actually 'listened' or 'tried'. I was replying in that context. I didn't have a lot of time in my day to putt 100% concentration on the topic. I apologize if you have actually heard them. Handling someone's opinion is one thing but telling me off with some sexual innuendo is pretty immature and uncalled for. Anyhow, best of luck.

12. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That was my point, all pretty old games, with exception of Cryostasis, which i haven't tested on this card yet.

His initial attitude was over the top but he seems to have learned, and was more because you were claiming Asus cards were nothing more than overpriced onboard sound, which they are far from, even with games.

13. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Yes if you already have it, I personally would suggest you buy a cheap reciver off amazon and put together a speaker setup using bookshelf speakers, as Z-5500s speakers is not worth it for the price because of logitech design of there speakers.

But if you dont care and just want speakers go for it, Yea I actual have my Z-5500 still but I not using them. I have them plugged into the HDTV in the next room because of them having poor mids and boomy.

Redemption I played Cryostatsis with my card I enjoyed it but that was a while ago when I had it , Gave the game away to a friend for one of his games he didnt want that I wanted.

14. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    A 1.3 sounds best with a high end Home Theatre receiver, either connected with 6 Channel analogue or through HDMI, most PC speakers won't do it justice.
    Just checked and the Z-5500 has co-axial input, but still feel unless your using a high end HT setup, the 1.3 could be overkill as its geared more towards Dolby True HD and DTS HD, not games or music, and the D2X or DX would do the same job.

GenClaymore, tryed the Cryostasis demo, PhysX batters this PC, will see what i do with having a second card before trying it again.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  15. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    digital or the gigaworks sl750!!!!!!! will do the job

16. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    as 4 this games i play them also all the times and i have no problem at all and its so much better and more clarity cause of better audio chip engine!

17. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    The retail game didnt, if i remember right it just the demo and the retail game runs better. Because I used my GTX260 for the retail game when I had it. And it didnt batter it for me. It was when I was on my Q6600 and not my I7.

18. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    u say the DX is a watered down D2X, which it is ofc, but its also TWICE the price of the DX, what I would like ot know is does the D2X offer anything for ME the DX does not, wiht regards to, positional audio in windows 7 via headphones.

thats ALL it will be used for I can't emphasize this enough.

my priorities are.

1) Acccurate Positional Audio on W7 over Headphones.
    2) Compatability/Reliability/Stability
    3) Sound Quality (I have £100+ Hi-Fi Headphones, FOR GAMING)

is it worh tpaying £90 for the DX2

or £50 fo the DX.

19. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    DX2 my advice and u no regret it man!

20. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The D2X has a higher SNR, so is quieter and should be clearer, but whether you would hear the difference is not something else someone can say, but PC game audio isn't ultra high fidelity anyway, so would be hard to say.
    I personally would take a guess you wont, and the extra clarity and features for music and films would be un-needed for you.

Best game audio i've heard is on the PS3:eek3: