ASUS X370 Open Letter/Feedback Status Log

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Deleted member 213629, Dec 12, 2019.

1. I'm persistent on getting a result, trying to get escalated through support... a thread on ROG... if anyone has ideas or knows reps that frequent this forum let me know; getting impatient and it's shown unfortunately.
    • [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2019
    GamerBoyManuel16 likes this.
  2. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I don't personally use social media, but I've heard that blowing up a company Twitter can get attention since it is bad press.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  3. lol - I hate to say it but it's ONLY times like this I wish I had social media accounts...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2019
    bobblunderton likes this.
  4. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    ASRock is doing the same thing so I doubt you’ll get anything. Still waiting on an official ABBA bios....(I know I won get one)and 1.0.0.4 is non existent on. 400 series boards aside from betas that can be had via 3rd party websites.

5. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    ROG Crosshair VII owners only got a Beta 1.0.0.4b bios because the Author of HWiNFO released it on Overclock.net not Asus !!

6. Wow - no kidding... sheesh

7. GamerBoyManuel16

GamerBoyManuel16 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    i have an asus prime x370 pro, they've posted a beta 1004b bios for it in some unofficial channels
    like 2 weeks ago, last time i checked was yesterday and there was still no official stable 1004b bios for it.

I hope it gets updated before the winter break as i may want upgrade my 1700x to 3600 (i'm still unsure, but thats another topic :D)

Asus's bios support was somewhat meh since i have the board, they are always like delayed and ignoring customer feedback

If i'll buy the next components myself i will try to avoid asus after this experience

8. Yeah I feel like a bit of a sucker cause I usually buy ASUS... I think I may switch to GIGABYTE prior to ASUS I bought MSI and while I liked MSI a lot I won't lie I did RMA a lot of MSI products hehe... I've always heard great stuff about GIGABYTE... and they seem to push BIOS updates a lot...

GamerBoyManuel16 likes this.
  9. GamerBoyManuel16

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Idk i really don't get it why Asus isn't pushing it too, they don't have thausends of differend boards also i'm sure that many boards of the same product famiyl are sharing so much to each other that the bios is mostly the same beside some small changes

They just have to hire like a few people for maintenance work and thats it - when thinking about it as its a mass produced product i think from a finanacial point there is no problem
    except it will lower the earnings a bit (if noticeably at all idk)

10. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    Same board here. Sad to see an upgrade to 3rd gen seems to be worse than staying on 1st gen. :(

+1 for that.

11. GamerBoyManuel16

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I've read a lot of tests about running a ryzen 3000 on a x370 board - also on the prime x370 pro and what i've read it's working fine, at least at tests running an 1003ABBA bios

but idk, i fear asus completly dropping the platform in like 6 months.., so it's not really future proof if there are any fixes from amd that require new amd code in the bios .. we wouldn't get them

12. Hmm .... I think there may be issues varying board to board like... My ROG STRIX X370-F GAMING doesn't have working shutdown on current BIOS - all defaults. Also my RAM which has been on my board's QVL since Pinnacle Ridge, had no issues with my R7 2700 now doesn't run stable @ stock settings - XMP with my 3700X PBO off

13. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    My x370 Prime Pro works just fine with the latest bios. My memory is a pretty common part so that might be why?

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the 1.0.0.3 bios's have various support issues where the zen 2 processors are concerned.

15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I also have the ROG Strix X370 and it has been a huge disappointment because of slow bios updates and now the lack of support.
    My next motherboard won't be made by Asus. That's for sure.
    This company has little to no respect for their costumers.

16. (*Please do not change the subject line when you reply to this email)

Hello [redacted],

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Care. My name is, [redacted]. Please make sure that you are using one of the BIOs versions above V4801. The BIOS ROG STRIX X370-F GAMING BIOS 4801 was released to-

Update AM4 ComboPI 0.0.7.2A for next-gen processors and to improve CPU compatibility

We also have the BIOs cersion 5204 that was posted for- Update AGESA 1.0.0.3 Patch AB to improve compatibility;

Recommend updating the BIOS via EZ Flash

All of these files can be found on the support site here:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X370-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Once again, I want to express my apologies for the inconvenience and delays, we appreciate your patience thus far. Please make note for your case number for this interaction: [redacted].

Happy Holidays from our family to yours.

Best Regards,
    [redacted].
    ASUS Product Support
    http://www.asus.com/us/support/

An email survey will be sent to you within the next 5 days. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

DISCLAIMER - All communications - written, illustrated, graphics, or any type of content/information present within these email(s) are considered "off the record," confidential and not for publication. Our company and the sender accept no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided. All information contained is direct, confidential communication between the sender and recipient. This content cannot be posted, used, copied or replicated in any way without direct written consent from Asus. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy, or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original message. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2019
  17. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Your name is visible in the attached screenshot - oh ninja edit. Well... I saw it...

18. Hit refresh lol & nice to meet you

Truder likes this.
  19. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Don't worry, your secret is safe with me, at least I know what the inspiration for your user name is now :D

On topic though, pretty poor response from Asus - I guess we should go back to calling them "Asucks"

20. Kipper Snacks...