ASUS X370 Open Letter/Feedback Status Log

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by K.S., Dec 12, 2019.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Tell them you can't run Destiny 2.

K.S. likes this.
  2. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 8GB
    Id still say ASRock has good support of their boards. ASUS has always sucked.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Kool64

Kool64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2070S
    Well that wasn't there last time I checked so yay I guess.

4. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC
    The chuckle of the night award goes to... *no sarcasm.. I did chuckle

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019

5. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC
  6. GamerBoyManuel16

GamerBoyManuel16 Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 56 Pulse
    Hm really sad xmas is almost over and they didn't release an updated bios before xmas

I really hope they do on friday.
    Do you guys think it's worth thinking about getting a B450 Board as replacement for the Prime x370 pro ? (i wouldn't buy asus again, thinking about asrock or msi)
    I got money for xmas and i want to get an r5 3600 :)

7. Kool64

Kool64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2070S
    I replaced a dead X370 MSI board with an ASRock B450 and can’t really complain aside from a weaker VRM but I only spent $70 on it so it’s really quite acceptable.

8. 386SX

386SX Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    Would all you guys like a special ASUS X370-F Strix thread? There is one for almost any board out there, but not a single one for this particular board, even besides the fact it is from the ROG series. :confused:o_O

K.S. likes this.
  9. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC
    If they send me test version I am posting it

Evildead666, 386SX and Horus-Anhur like this.
  10. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC
    (*Please do not change the subject line when you reply to this email)

Hello [redacted],

Thank you for your response to ASUS Product Support. My name is [redacted]., and it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

I appreciate the time and effort providing the details we need. I will be collaborating with our engineers to provide you a complete resolution about the issue. This may take 24-48 business hours to have this completed. I'll make sure to provide you an update as soon as I receive the response from our engineers.

If your issue remains unresolved we would like to contact you by phone to avoid further delays. If this is acceptable, please provide the best phone number, day, and time for us to reach you.

ASUS is aware of the frustration and disappointment caused when we do not live up to our commitment of reliable products and or services. While an apology is no substitute, I want to offer one on behalf of ASUS. I understand where your sentiments are coming from and I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced, this is definitely not what we want to happen.

Because of your feedback, we have reviewed and have taken steps to ensure that we will provide better service.

I am supposed to call you for better assistance however it's Holiday today. If your issue remains unresolved we would like to contact you by phone to avoid further delays. If this is acceptable, please provide the best phone number, day, and time for us to reach you.

In the event that you have additional concerns, please let me know and I will be happy to take care of them as well.

Please make note of your case number for future reference: [redacted]

Regards,
    [redacted]

ASUS Product Support

http://www.asus.com/us/support/

11. 386SX

386SX Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    Sounds like beta bios incoming. :D

12. Rrekt

Rrekt New Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 SLI
    @Kool64 Asrock is ASUS's bargain brand. All the same company sir.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no it isn't, Asrock(pegatron) have not been afiliated with asustek for years

386SX likes this.
  14. Rrekt

Rrekt New Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 SLI
    "In 2010 it became part of Pegatron.[3] Asrock currently produces consumer, server, workstation and HTPC motherboards."

I stand corrected, last time I checked they were asus.

15. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC
    Got a nice email from Product Support this morning with a number to call; going to see if I have time after work. Will see what next steps are from there...

- sent from my phone

Update, 7:00 PM EST,

Hi [redacted],

I called the product support line just now as requested per email by [redacted]. & representative [redacted] whom I spoke with was very nice and professional; she informed me that the case was still pending updates from Level 2 and that as of now I’d need to wait further assistance from another department for further instruction/direction. Thanks again for all the updates, hope you and all are having a happy Holidays and as always you’re welcome to reach me at your own convenience with everything going on during these busy days.

Regards,
    [redacted]
    [redacted]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020

16. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC
    Hi [Redacted],

I went ahead and did what you said… this literally changed nothing. I was hoping your Engineers had something more effective like an actual BIOS update in hand. I’m not sure why regrading AMD Chipset drivers is going to fix anything but I tried and I right where I began. Still on BIOS 5220 like I sent in the PDF document I feel no one bothered reading, the board still doesn’t perform a shutdown; instead it resets. This is on default stock settings, with RAM from QVL. I’ve tried different parts, component isolation etc nothing has helped. If I go back; Destiny 2 problems and memory issues etc… if I stay at 5220 – unstable shutdown. Ask your Engineers for a beta BIOS with an AGESA update and a working Shutdown fix.

Regards,
    [redacted].

From: servicecenter_am@asus.com <servicecenter_am@asus.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, January 1, 2020
    To: [redacted]
    Subject: Re:RE: RE: RE: <Web>Satisfaction - Service Quality;ASUS Service No=[redacted]

(*Please do not change the subject line when you reply to this email)

Hello [redacted]

I am grateful for your time and patience as we go through the process of resolving your concern.
    I am writing this email to provide you an update about your ongoing case. In accordance to the recommendation of our engineers,
    Our goal is to provide you with the best possible experience with our products and reaching a resolution for your issue is our priority.
    Please uninstall chipset driver in App&Features and download this chipset from Asus: Version 1.7.29.0115
    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/03CHIPSET/AMD_chipset_drivers_nonVGA_1.7.29.0115.zip
    Please let me know if you have any further concerns or queries, it’s always a pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing ASUS.
    Please make note of your case number for future reference: [redacted]

Regards,
    [redacted]

17. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Asus support is a pathetic joke.
    I regret having bought a motherboard from Asus. Never again.

386SX likes this.
  18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

The chipset driver works to fix destiny 2 by disabling the RDRAND support, however this driver has its own issues where performance and stability is a concern.

You might have to switch tactics here, saying that destiny works but your Linux distro is now unbootable.

K.S. likes this.
  19. Dazz

Dazz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    So the Crosshair 6 is still a clusterfvck got the ASUS Strix X570-F and while it works.... kinda you can't really tune memory timings as the settings are ignored that you set in the BIOS as a work around have to use Ryzen Master program. You can set main CL timings but everything else i.e sub timings are ignored. I am kinda trapped in the ASUS eco system too which kinda sucks.

ASUS Strix X570
    ASUS Strix RTX2080
    ASUS Ryujin 360
    ASUS 35" Widescreen monitor
    ASUS Claymore Keyboard
    ASUS Spatha Mouse

There really needs to be an open standard between ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI and ASROCK, more so for ASUS and ASROCK as ASROCK is owned by ASUS. Ironic isn't it!!!

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    ASROCK is not owned by ASUS.

K.S. likes this.