ASUS To Release ROG G20CB-P1080 Slim Gaming PC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ASUS will be updating their slim gaming PC to model ROG G20CB-P1080. This product has an 3.40GHz Intel Core i7-6700 processor, an Intel H170 Chipset, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB graphics card, a 32...

ASUS To Release ROG G20CB-P1080 Slim Gaming PC

2. FrostNixon

FrostNixon Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Come on, who buys those really...

3. BlueRay

BlueRay Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    There are some people with so much money who don't know what to do with them so they buy whatever is the most expensive just to burn them out.

4. plopingo

plopingo Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 PNY XLR8
    same people buying alienware stuff etc ... if you have the money why bothering you to build your pc by yourself ?

5. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    Because that is one hideous beast of a PC!

If I had more money than sense, I'd pay someone to build me something pretty. Even if I had no clue how it all works, I would understand aesthetics.

I guess that's subjective but I suspect 95% of us are not fans of that case.

6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I think they're targeting the wrong audience.

Someone that knows about PC hardware, is going to know that this is a very expensive piece of hardware. They are not going to pay that much for the machine, even though it is a small beefy PC! It is very expensive, and limited.

They should have done what Alienware did with the Alpha, and target smaller hardware with lesser power, at a much lower cost. The Alpha is a quick selling product because of it's size, price, and power to be enough for mainstream gaming.

The companies are also trying to call some of the small form factor PC's consoles, but you try to sell this to a console user that probably only paid maybe $400 on average for a console you aren't going to get anyone to buy it then. I am a huge fan of SFF PC's, but they have to have some value.