Asus to release resizable BAR update for Z370 and Z390 motherboards in May

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Heres what happened.

Someone asked a Tier 1 support agent if they would get the update.
    Support agent said

[​IMG]

Tech sites jump the gun "Oh, asus has decided not to support resizable bar on these products"

Reality is, this agent had no idea what was going on in the engineering side of things or of corporate plans for support.

Itermea likes this.
  3. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    There is no way Asus will support previous gen products, greedy bastards! They did the same thing for my 4 years old mobo when those windows exploits etc was out. They ignored all their top end boards before. They will do the same again.

4. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    I'm definitely out of the loop here so....What is Resized BAR?

5. Catroqui

Catroqui Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080/1080 Ti
    Gladly Gigabyte does support resizable bar on the Z390 series, i've activated it since BIOS rerelease on the end of march (F10K) on my "Z390 Gaming SLi" mobo. Also Palit, wich is the fab of my RTX 3080, released compatible BIOS right away. For example, Forza 4 jumped from 118-119 avg. fps, at the builtin game benchmark, to 126 fps, 4K all maxed out; pretty good for a free perf. boost.

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  6. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    It's an upgrade to a sizeable rebar

7. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Reality is that Asus kept silent on this 41 page thread on ROG forums and tried to bury it.
    Everyone started getting more and more furious when they moved the thread from where it belongs..
    from
    Maximus X/XI & Strix Motherboards (Z370/Z390)
    to
    Other Series Motherboards..

AND PLEASE Astyanax don't bother responding to my post...

8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    And while you're there can you please finally fix fans engaging immediately instead of following Ramp Up/Down Time in BIOS setting.
    So we don't have to use 3rd party app.

Other than that top motherboard. Will buy again, and will carry water for you Asus.
    --
    Hero X water boy

PS
    Awesome news. Thx!!

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The only asus engineers on that forum is Shamino and Raja, nobody else can be expected to answer bios questions and they have to go through corporate to get permission to both release news and files.

Get over thyself.

Custom profile?

10. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    My Gigabyte Z390 ( Aorus Pro v. 12L ) released a month ago BIOS, but in vain, since my GPU manufacture won't release BIOS update for my 1660 Super. Too bad.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Basically the system being able to access the GPU memory in whatever amounts, including all at once, instead of the traditional 256MB chunks. Depending on the game it can result in anything from a large performance boost to a performance loss, which is why nVidia use a whitelist so far. It's the same thing as AMD's "Smart Access Memory".

Airbud likes this.
  13. GiorgioG

GiorgioG Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I guess those of us with an ASUS x399-A Prime are SOL? I’ve been a loyal Asus motherboard customer for more than a decade. This is the last time I give them my money.

14. Itermea

Itermea Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    [del]

15. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Don't jump to conclusions and telling me or anyone that i can't read and don't know the structure of a forum.
    Yeh they did us a big favor of highlighting it for more people, and putting it in the right place.

Unfortunately there where many users (not clueless) having a hard time finding it and moving it did not help, so i started a new thread under "Maximus X/XI & Strix Motherboards (Z370/Z390)" with a link to the thread trying to help these "clueless people" and immediately got deleted as i suspected.

The fact remains that this thread started four months ago before getting a reply, the ADMIN excused his delay by saying he was away for a local (4 month) holiday.

If you registered on Guru3d just to post all of the above and defend ASUS, I suggest you unsubscribe.
    I am sure you are not welcomed here if you have nothing else to offer.

So now you deleted your post..Seems like i am getting attacked left right and center since one of my posts made the headlines of a tech site.

16. Itermea

Itermea Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    My post "Today at 4:24 PM", "Last edited: Today at 6:49 PM"
    Your post "kens30, Today at 7:45 PM"
    I thought better of making an issue of it and deleted it, it was a kindness, it would have been more sensible to have left it deleted.
    That deletion was nearly an hour before you posted your reply.

5m to check -
    Thread started 12-07-2020, admin posted on 01-30-2021 saying resizable bar updates were in the pipeline. 1 month 23 days, not 4 months.
    They edited that post on 04-05-2021 to add the list of the current set. Then 3 days later on 04-08-2021 they mentioned being on a local holiday when confirming the updates were coming. 3 days is not a 4 month holiday either.

17. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    The agent doesn't seem to be aware that just because a motherboard is EOL, that doesn't mean it won't get future BIOS updates.

For example, my previous ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 (Intel 2500k mobo) last got a BIOS update in 2015, well past it's EOL date.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is also correct, quite a few EOL boards got Spectre bios updates after all.

nick0323 likes this.
  19. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    ASUS has released the z370/390 rBar beta bios now :)

Versjon 1901 Betaversjon
    2021/04/14
    ROG MAXIMUS XI APEX BIOS 1901
    Add Resizable BAR support for Nvidia RTX 30 series cards to potentially deliver more performance to gamers in select titles.

Noisiv likes this.
  20. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    upload_2021-4-16_17-36-48.png
    this covers Hero X too

Thx :D

--
    Asus water boy