Asus strix Gtx 980

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by nz3777, Jun 15, 2017.

1. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

Well so far guys I am hitting 1354 Mhz boost clock I oc core by 50 mhz and memory 50 mhz Its Hynix btw- do you think there is more room left to overclock? Not bad for a $100 gpu huh? lol

2. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

Ok guys happy to report the Asus Gtx 980 strix is officaly kicking ass in games! I got the card up to 1355Mhz on the gpu core so when I have a little xtra time I will dial it in even better, I think it schould oc some more on account of temps being so low. My 2nd problem now iam working on installing my old Gtx 780 on a older dell,I got the damm thing to fit just barely at that, I installed a corsair 90 Gb ssd for faster load times and what not but problem remains I have no pcie-e cables on this pos power supply lol, I think its a 150w no name, the fans however did spin-up once I sloted the card in what schould I do just go grab a 400-500 watt aftermarket psu? I do not think the stock dell unit will hold up lol but I will try anway just to see if I can get a picture.

3. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

Mimimum invesment please money is really tight at the moment.Thank you in advance. I cannot believe I put a gtx 780 in this old ass dell from 2008 lmao! Wow.

4. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

I dont know but my evga classified comes with a 1400 some odd oc you may have a little oc headroom if you won the silicone lottery

5. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

Did you actually reach the 1500 mhz oc that you have in your specs or are you just trying to look cool? Lol

6. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

I did ( no bs ) even did a Heaven run and scored 2048 points.... I still have room left for oc on account of the temps being so low- Maxwell is really awsome I must say runs so much coole!