Asus Ryujin 360 review

Discussion in 'Hardware Reviews and News' started by Timstone, May 22, 2019.

1. Timstone

Timstone Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Hi all!

I have a question about the Ryujin 360 review (page 8) and specifically about the 60 mm fan in the coolinghead.
    I quote:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The top cover is removable. Under the top part, you can find a 60 mm fan designed for cooling the VRM and M.2 area on the motherboard. Its specifications are listed below:

• Embedded Fan Speed: 4800 RPM +/- 10 %
    • Embedded Fan Air Pressure: 3.94 mmH2O
    • Embedded Fan Air Flow: 19.41 CFM
    • Embedded Fan Noise: 31 dB(A)

Luckily the RPMs can be reduced in the Asus AI Suite, because the fan can get quite noisy at the maximum speed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've installed AI Suite 3 and searched for the option to slow down that 60 mm fan, but I couldn't find it.

Can someone help me with this?

2. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    In Fan Xpert 4 tab? I don't know for sure but he mentioned that in review for the Radiator fans adjustment.

3. Timstone

Timstone Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Thanks for your help.
    I did some more digging and you indeed have to use Fan Xpert 4 (as part of AI Suite 3, which is NOT listed as a tool for Ryujin on the Asus website...). I can see several fans, but none of them is easily identifiable and when I mess with them they jump to100% rpm... which sucks.
    Apparently you have to disable the Q-Fan ability of the motherboard in the BIOS. Haven't had the time to test it, but will do in a few days, perhaps during the weekend.
    Why Asus is making this so inaccesable I don't know, but the X72 Kraken was a hell of a lot easier to handle. Ah well... I'll figure it out and share the results with you guys and galls. :)
    I hope the site will allow the link of the discussion of the Asus RoG forum.

4. Timstone

Timstone Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Well, I found some time to fiddle with Fan Xpert 4.
    Switching the Q-Fan ability of my motherboard (Maximus XI Formula) does not interfere with the input of Fan Xpert. It does matter whether you link several fans to a fanhub, Fan Xpert can't make heads or tails from those things. And since I only have one casefan I just connected it directly to a fanheader on the MB.
    Unfortunately the "problem" I started with is still there, that devilish 60 mm fan keeps making quite a racket. I still can't seem to locate that fan in Fan Xpert. Tomorrow I'm going to switch a few fans to 100% and mute others. That option is available in Fan Xpert as well, but doens't seem to work for me the way I want it to.
    I think the pump of the Ryujin and the 60 mm fan are linked, if that's so I'm not going to much with it since I want to keep a decent fluid flow going over the CPU.
    Does this affair make me a fanny expert? :D

Anyway... hope this helps people who are dealing with the same problem.