1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus Ryujin 360 review

Discussion in 'Hardware Reviews and News' started by Timstone, May 22, 2019.

1. Timstone

Timstone Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Hi all!

I have a question about the Ryujin 360 review (page 8) and specifically about the 60 mm fan in the coolinghead.
    I quote:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The top cover is removable. Under the top part, you can find a 60 mm fan designed for cooling the VRM and M.2 area on the motherboard. Its specifications are listed below:

• Embedded Fan Speed: 4800 RPM +/- 10 %
    • Embedded Fan Air Pressure: 3.94 mmH2O
    • Embedded Fan Air Flow: 19.41 CFM
    • Embedded Fan Noise: 31 dB(A)

Luckily the RPMs can be reduced in the Asus AI Suite, because the fan can get quite noisy at the maximum speed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've installed AI Suite 3 and searched for the option to slow down that 60 mm fan, but I couldn't find it.

Can someone help me with this?

2. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    In Fan Xpert 4 tab? I don't know for sure but he mentioned that in review for the Radiator fans adjustment.

3. Timstone

Timstone Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Thanks for your help.
    I did some more digging and you indeed have to use Fan Xpert 4 (as part of AI Suite 3, which is NOT listed as a tool for Ryujin on the Asus website...). I can see several fans, but none of them is easily identifiable and when I mess with them they jump to100% rpm... which sucks.
    Apparently you have to disable the Q-Fan ability of the motherboard in the BIOS. Haven't had the time to test it, but will do in a few days, perhaps during the weekend.
    Why Asus is making this so inaccesable I don't know, but the X72 Kraken was a hell of a lot easier to handle. Ah well... I'll figure it out and share the results with you guys and galls. :)
    I hope the site will allow the link of the discussion of the Asus RoG forum.

4. Timstone

Timstone Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Well, I found some time to fiddle with Fan Xpert 4.
    Switching the Q-Fan ability of my motherboard (Maximus XI Formula) does not interfere with the input of Fan Xpert. It does matter whether you link several fans to a fanhub, Fan Xpert can't make heads or tails from those things. And since I only have one casefan I just connected it directly to a fanheader on the MB.
    Unfortunately the "problem" I started with is still there, that devilish 60 mm fan keeps making quite a racket. I still can't seem to locate that fan in Fan Xpert. Tomorrow I'm going to switch a few fans to 100% and mute others. That option is available in Fan Xpert as well, but doens't seem to work for me the way I want it to.
    I think the pump of the Ryujin and the 60 mm fan are linked, if that's so I'm not going to much with it since I want to keep a decent fluid flow going over the CPU.
    Does this affair make me a fanny expert? :D

Anyway... hope this helps people who are dealing with the same problem.