1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ Is Now Available

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 21, 2019.

1. fry178

fry178 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 X@2GHz
    @ToxicTaZ
    lol.
    and lol again.
    no one needs any of that. please show me mass market monis that had those oh so needed specs 10 or 20y ago? right.
    funny that no one had a problem with that for +10y.
    and no one needs +75 hz for anything but fps (you do know ppl are also playing games that arent fps?)
    same with any of the other things.

there is no 4K gaming?!
    funny how i can run all my games (F1/NFS/Tropico...) and even most of my shooters at 4K or even (upscaled) 5K with a gtx1080...
    please let me know what you smoke, cause i want some too :D

2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    Wat

3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    It is 'avaliable now...for pre order'

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...1000-ultra-wide-gaming-monitor-mo-0a5-as.html

4. ToxicTaZ

ToxicTaZ Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Lmao you said no one needs Hz?

So is why the intire UHD TV industry moving to negative 120Hz ?

Why did they make the negative 144Hz PC Gaming standard for ?

Do you think 144Hz/200Hz is a gimmick ?

Do you think G-Sync HDR Ultimate is a Gimmick?

Why do you think the ROG SWIFT PG35VQ is made for? Gimmick ?

4K Gaming lol.... Yeah sure if you have RTX Titan NVlink setup or playing anything old and or if you turned down all you graphics settings yeah maybe lmao ..

Why are you in here taking about something you have no clue about .. AGAIN read my post... Try running any "new game" in Ultra mode and see what Frames Per Second you are getting ? You can not run PC Games less than Ultra mode 60fps minimum ... If you are time for major hardware upgrades .. You should never be less than Ultra mode and less than 60fps in PC Gaming ..... If you have to turn down your graphics in any PC gaming time for upgrade . And if you can't afford to who's fault is that ?

Get yourself an Frame counter tool to fix your issues ... Then do some research ..the hole point of having Graphics settings in PC games is for FPS ...

5. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    I agree with your hate for VA panel high refresh rate gaming, it tallies with everything I have read about it.

There's plenty of high refresh TN panel monitors out there, some with even 240Hz, so you don't have to stop PC gaming if your 120Hz monitor dies - instead use the opportunity to buy a 240Hz! You'll want to make sure you've got the CPU & GPU for it though! But, you'll probably be turning down some game details a little to reach a somewhat stable 240fps anyway whatever GPU you have. I've got a 144Hz panel that is overclockable in the menu to 180Hz, but contrast ratio drops by something like 66% if I go from 100Hz up to 180Hz (measured with Spyder4Pro) - so I don't know if 240Hz TN panels can really show a good contrast ratio, you'd have to research it from actual reviews where they measure contrast ratio. Because of this I run 100Hz on everything apart from fast paced games where I just wack it up to 180Hz and say screw the contrast ratio, I'd rather have motion clarity & detail in online fps games.

6. ToxicTaZ

ToxicTaZ Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
  7. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
  8. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio X 2080ti
  9. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    How do you guys think LG's new UltraGear gaming monitors compare to the high end Asus G-sync HDR monitors?

The LG monitors are IPS based and have a faster response time and can display more colors, but lack the ultra high end features like full array local dimming. I am due for a monitor upgrade, so I will likely be buying either the Asus or LG monitor.

10. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    any reviews to look at?

11. fry178

fry178 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 X@2GHz
    @Denial just funny when i see ppl posting stuff we NEED,
    when in reality everything past shelter/food is WANT and completely optional.
    or claiming there is no 4K gaming, when i play 20 of my games at 4 some even at 5K (DSR)

@ToxicTaZ
    need is not equal to want.
    i want a lambo, doesnt mean i NEED one to be able to live and get groceries.

when i see how many years we had no problem playing at 60/75hz without "dying", makes me believe its a want feature, not need.
    maybe the ppl that are getting paid to game, and thats not us, as those ppl also get sponsored and have no trouble getting the hardware, e.g. wont complain about price.

and going to 120Hz is relevant for movies/shows, so the tvs can do additional motion related processing,
    which is counterproductive to (high fps) gaming, as it introduces input lag by 10x (vs without).
    there is a difference if i want to game on a screen or watch movies.
    or why do you think all lcd tvs have gaming modes/profiles that virtually turn off all internal processing (incl motion)
    to reduce input lag??

12. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 Ti FE
    I'm eyeing this soon to be released monitor, what do you guys think?

COMING SOON - LG 38GL950G 38 inch UltraGear™ Nano IPS 1ms Curved Gaming Monitor w/NVIDIA G-SYNC®
    Key Features
    • Nano IPS 1ms response time
    • 38” Curved UltraWide® QHD+ (3840 x 1600) Nano IPS Display
    • NVIDIA® G-SYNC®
    • 144Hz (175 Overclock) refresh rate
    • VESA DisplayHDR 400
    • RGB Sphere Lighting 2.0

13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    See* above post by someone else several hours ago :()

14. ToxicTaZ

ToxicTaZ Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    First off

DisplayHDR 400 is garbage entry level!!

There no comparison to the high quality of DisplayHDR 1000

If you want a cheaper alternative to the ROG SWIFT PG35VQ is the AOC AGON AG353UCG

https://www.monitornerds.com/aoc-agon-ag353ucg-review/

Both LG and Samsung are not that great for PC gaming comparisons to AOC AGON Technology ..

ROG SWIFT PG35VQ makes great use of AOC AGON Technology ....

ASUS didn't need to add that extra Sabre DAC and controler in the ROG SWIFT PG35VQ for another $500. Added cost

ROG SWIFT PG35VQ is basically perfect if you dropped $1000. Off the top.

4 years from now there will be new MicroLED Technology with 2880p Ultra-Wide 400Hz to 480Hz with DisplayHDR 10000 Nits basically double what's now.

Did you know what the only movie recorded @10,000 Nits is?

The new Blade Runner Movie is 10K Nits ....was cut down to 4000 Nits under H.265 Ultra Blueray 4K platform ..

Nvidia G-Sync HDR Ultimate is Nvidias 1000 Nits platform. Major PC Game changer!!

15. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    In that point we don't "need" anything for electronics and this whole forum is moot point.

While i understand that many things should not be considered as a "need", i will state, that for me to game, i NEED 120+hz monitors, no matter the game, FPS or not.

Now, is that a "need" as in an existence "need"? No, ofcourse not, but you give me a 60hz monitor, i won't use it. I, and many others, NEED 120+hz monitors, either because of the smoothness that comes with it and they don't want to play without that smoothness, or because, like with me getting used to 120hz monitors, i literally feel sick after playing on a 60hz monitor. Sure, you could say "Well then you never should have upgraded!" and i could say you are right on that, but i did, and now yes, to game, i NEED a 120+ hz monitor, it's that simple.

Stop making others feel like because they say they "need" something to game that somehow they are saying it's the same level of "need" as food and water. It's not, and that's not what they're saying, you're just putting those words into their mouth.

16. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi 1070 X / 970 / 780Ti
    I thought ~$1,200 was crazy expensive for a monitor. I've still never even done something like that. But £2699? ($3,400) For a monitor?

I do not understand the market for this. For gaming, this is just ridiculously over-priced. Even for content creation, that price is absurd.

It feels almost like a crime against humanity to sell a 35" monitor for this much.

17. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    Yeah, it's way too much for a monitor for pretty much everyone, especially as it's a VA monitor which will suffer from motion blur, so it's not really a 'true' high refresh rate monitor, it's a bit of a lie, and you don't want to be paying that much money for a lie!

18. sephking

sephking Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    I waiting to see wha thtese new 3440 & 1000t brightness monitors were going to cost and cheapest is the AGO one which is £2k. Decided to get a Samsung Q9FN and set it up next to my monitor for gaming. Best hardware decision i've ever made. Playing games at 1440p@100+fps on a top end QLED is sooo good.

19. fry178

fry178 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 X@2GHz
    @Aura89
    he never said "I".
    quote: As a PC Gamer 144Hz is minimal for PC Gaming experience so 200Hz is is a crucial factor ..

outside the fact that there are games that dont need ANY of those specs (sims/minecraft) to be played properly, "We" also played games in the early 70s on a B/W tv with specs not even close to this, and didnt miss anything.
    until the last 5y "we" played games on pc/consoles without half those specs, yet no one thru their gaming system out the window because of it.

or stating that (pc) have grohx options to increase fps, when it actually is to match different level of hardware (performance) and/or allow to change it to what each owner prefers (settings).

Or even comparing 120Hz tvs with high-refresh rate monis, which are designed to do completely different things (with the higher refresh rate).

So all of a sudden WE all NEED those things ore gaming isnt gaming? right.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  20. ToxicTaZ

ToxicTaZ Member

GPU:
    Nvidia

This monitor can run your Win10 OS and media content @120Hz 12-bit color 4:4:4

Run your PC Gaming HDR10 @144Hz 10-bit color 4:4:4

Run all your old non HDR games @180Hz or 200Hz 8-bit Color 4:4:4

Review in action !!