Asus ROG Swift PG27AQ has a 4k IPS Panel with G-sync

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yep and once again the launch is an absolute ****-show due to QC reasons. You either get a good one or one with yellow backlight bleed, or gray uniformity issues, or color uniformity issues, or scratches, or white blotching, etc.

And as always ASUS is tight lipped on it, they just accept the returns and ship it to someone else until they find someone who doesn't mind the fact that their $800 monitor can't display a black screen properly.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
  3. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Well, theoretically one could make a screen that handles UHD @ 60Hz, and FullHD @ 120+Hz, and the bandwidth limit would be fine. This way you could have the best of both.

If one wants higher number of pixels right now, they're either limited to UHD 60Hz or 2560x1440, which is a kinda bad compromise - there's not enough pixel density to make them vanish, and it's extremely hard to drive such screen with 100Hz+ frame rate without investing a lot in the rig or dropping game details significantly.

4. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Aren't you tired of seeing the same thing every week? A company brings out yet another 4k 60hz monitor. It's nothing new. It's like they're not even trying.

Take me for instance, i'm a writer. If i wrote the same script for every weakly show i'm pretty sure the audience would get bored or pissed off or both.

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Not even trying what? There is no GPU being sold currently with a port that can do 120hz @ 4K without compression. And even if they did have that port, they can barely drive 60Hz 4K screens now without high response times with IGZO.

This screen fills a niche somewhere, obviously, or else they wouldn't be selling it. Some people here on Guru3D, might actually not care about having a 120Hz+ screen and would be perfectly happy with a 60Hz one. And maybe this ASUS panel offers factory calibration, better QC, or some other feature that another 4K, 60Hz panel doesn't. This thread informs people that the monitor is available and how it differentiates itself from other monitors in the same class.

I really don't see the purpose of posting "NOT IPS" "NOT 4K" "NOT 4K 120HZ" in any monitor thread and honestly it's getting tiresome seeing people do it. All it does is make people who do want this monitor, or any other, feel like crap about wanting it/already buying it.