ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG48 UQ specs disclose 4K organic EL display compatible with 138Hz / 0.1ms.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 4, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    very nice

but it is an LG C2 panel which is probably $$$ less and includes a tv tuner, otherwise the same spec.
    the Aorus panel (also the same) sell for less than the C2 (as it should...no tuner) market price in US $800.
    i expect this guy to list around $1,500-1,600 hope i'm wrong
    but even Cooler Master, AOC, Viewsonic, Acer, and others are releasing this SAME panel.

what remains to be seen is how well these LG panels do against the larger QD/OLED

3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    ^^

tunejunky likes this.
  4. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Oooo, nice specs! I think my next monitor will be an OLED, but I just recently bought a fast IPS screen, so it won't be for a few years yet, even though I got a fantastic deal on this current fast IPS. Those ultra high contrast ratios combined with very wide colour gamut would be to die for! (And not to mention the ultra fast GTG which means you get maximum benefit of each extra Hz on offer, in terms of motion blur reduction.)

tunejunky likes this.

5. koblongata

koblongata New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I just want to know if it is RGB pixels, or else the texts are pretty painful to read...

6. 47.5 inches large "monitor"... that is just laughable. From what distance are we supposed to look at it? They should focus on releasing a 34" super-widescreen QDOLED with polarizer and proper coating. And I wouldn't even mind that weird diamond-like RGB subpixel structure of QDOLEDs.

Loobyluggs and Undying like this.
  7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    48 Inch, if only i had a 4 meter deep desk, but i'm a normal desk user so 27 Inch is the limit for me.

mentor07825 and Undying like this.
  8. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    Every multi monitor setup is wider than a 48" 16:9 monitor, many ultra wide monitors that are on the market for years are wider than a 48" 16:9. Your argument does not stand. You dont have to play everything fullscreen, you can allocate space on the screen for multiple things. When i game on a 65" i put the game in the corner, discord on the left and obove i can do either browser or a tv show in a borderless window. Your lack of imagination isnt our problem. If it doesnt fit your use case it doesnt mean its useless.

tunejunky likes this.
  9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Agreed. Idk whats up with this trend of 48" "monitors" it looks ridicilous, far to large for any desk. I want nothing more than a qdoled 34 ultrawide to replace my 34 va panel.

10. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    Can't fool me. That's a TV.

Loobyluggs and TheDeeGee like this.

11. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    yes rgb pixels, but there are cheap and easy software work-arounds

12. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

i feel you.
    however there are stands that attach to your desk that work well and you end up like a triple monitor without the hassle or ugly bezel lines [​IMG]

PPC and Robbo9999 like this.
  13. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    So I guess that works by making sure the monitor is right at the back of your desk, with the flat panel basically inline with the back of your desk, so that could give you an increase of around an extra foot in terms of increased viewing distance?

tunejunky likes this.
  14. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    yes, exactly, you dont consider a 48" a single monitor, that way it is too big. 40" is about the biggest you can considering it a single monitor, anything larger you look at like its multi monitors without the bezels as it was already said.

tunejunky likes this.
  15. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Oh right, so you're saying you'd game in a borderless window smaller than the total area of the monitor for instance?

16. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    I'm saying i am doing exactly that. Its just a mental block that you need to be fullscreen to immerse yourself, unless youre in VR theres always going to be world around the monitor and if we could tune it out on 14" CRT's that are a bit bigger than todays phones, you can do it in a borderless window equaling 32" on a huge screen.

I already wrote about this.

I use 55" 4k120 TV as a monitor, i sit about 70-80 cm away from it (wall mounted, can do bit more further away, can do a lot closer). I play games in a borderless window, custom resolution of 2816x1440 (+10% on the width in contrast to 2k). This gives about ~32" 2k equivalent monitor, i put the game in left corner. Rest of screen is filled per use case, sometimes its remote work/zoom meeting while i game away on mute (shhh!), sometimes its a walkthru in a browser and discord for chat, sometimes i play turn based strategies and watch a tv show in a smaller window...

The resolution is very flexible, some games are way better in ultra wide, can do, Civ i play in full screen glory but i recline in the chair a bit more and that is not a game you need a centered view or reflexes for so distance to screen becomes kinda irrelevant but the world on a 55" in HDR does look nice. I can always sit back in the couch and watch a movie from ~3m.

There are shortcomings, there were some compatibility issues early with 4k120, its not "be all end all setup" but it is very flexible, space conserving and kinda on the cheap. It also isnt for everyone, what is anyway. It works for me and i suspect it would work for many that have a mental block how a setup should look.

tunejunky and Robbo9999 like this.
  17. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Well I can certainly see the flexibility of that monitor system you've got going on there, I'm not sure it would be my choice, but I can see the flexibility in it.

tunejunky and PPC like this.
  18. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

:D:D

me too.
    excepting that i like getting my "money's worth" so i'm still gaming on a 7y/o 1080p OLED in my den (where Civ is the name of the game unless it's Lost Ark). i do have two smaller monitors, 27" (remote) and a 32" both fast IPS for mixed productivity and gaming. waiting for bonus money to buy either aorus fo48u (4k OLED) or LG C2 (4k OLED) as that would allow me to play more demanding games in the den.
    IF the ROG PG48 isn't sky high expensive (as if) it will be on my short list

PPC likes this.
  19. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB

42inch of the 48inch

tunejunky likes this.
  20. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    the 42" is ideal for me

while i'm not surprised Asus tweaked the C2 panel, i'm very pleasantly surprised at the heatsink.
    this alone makes the ROG worth buying over the C2 or the Sammy. while i don't play COD type games, i know a lot of you do and this can hold up to a weekend marathon driven by a 3090/6900xt
    the heat issue is for real and i never had to deal with it much on my old (60Hz) OLED. but we all know increased frequency equals increased heat.