Asus ROG Strix X570-e issue

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by John92782, Nov 16, 2019.

1. John92782

John92782 New Member

GPU:
    eVGA Nvidia 1070
    Hi everyone,

My brother recently upgraded his computer from intel to amd Ryzen 3800X with the motherboard that is shown above. When the computer boots up, it makes a loud noise and then as soon as it gets to Windows desktop, the noise disappears. What could be the cause of this noise? Is it one of the fans, PSU?

2. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    Unplug all of the case fans and look at the video card's fans (if there are any to see if that's it) if you really aren't that sure - plug the gpu fan with your finger and all that's left is the psu/cpu cooling

3. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega/Navi
    Wait, this is normal.
    Ryzen platform when it boots, kicks the fans at full speed, just to clean any dust.
    So, accept it as an feature.
    Cheers

4. kanenas

kanenas Member

GPU:
    rtx 2070 aurus
    ???

5. John92782

John92782 New Member

GPU:
    eVGA Nvidia 1070
    But I don't have this kind of issue. Granted mine is 3700X and different Asus motherboard but mine is very quiet.

6. Kool64

Kool64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    What kind of noise is it?

7. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    I hate to disagree with @anticupidon since well - this is the first it's ever happened lol. Err but yeah ?? My 1700X doesn't do that; My 2700 didn't do that, and neither does my 3700X. Boards used have been ASUS ROG STRIX X370-F, MSI X470 Gaming Pro & up until recently (sold it) ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I Mini ITX.

EDIT: Wait wait wait a sec - I think I recall hearing of this with some Ryzen users on reddit - but not all. No idea what the common denominator is though. (Certain vendor?)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    lol no.

the default state for the fans on a graphics card (nvidia's particularly) are full speed until cpu > memory > VGA phases have completed.

AMD's just takes longer to pass Memory training than intel so you're waiting longer for it to start the graphics card.

K.S. and Caesar like this.
  9. John92782

John92782 New Member

GPU:
    eVGA Nvidia 1070
    According to him, it sounded like a fan rotating in a high speed during POST. He updated his BIOS and tweaked some of the fan settings and the duration of noise has cut in half. Nevertheless, he was not happy coming from Intel for past 10 years.

10. liviut

liviut Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire TRI-X R9 290
    my pc does thia everytime i turn it on and it doea it on the 1600x i had and now on the 3600.

11. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Startd at least since Tuesday, September 6th 2011,now every combo does not do it.
    [​IMG]
    MSI Develops Dust Removal Technology for Graphics Cards

Maybe it just works now with all Ryzen 3 CPU' s.

Of late, MSI has been at the forefront of graphics card innovations. The latest is what the company refers to as "Dust Removal Technology". Dust buildup on the surface of heatsink fins can reduce cooling efficiency. Without giving us too many details about its testing, MSI claims that a clean cooler can keep temperatures down by as much as 15°C. Dust Removal Technology uses a simple method of running fans in the opposite rotation, drawing air from the heatsink and pushing it out through its intakes, with 100% fan speed for 30 seconds at system startup can work to reduce dust accumulation in the tough to clean parts of the cooler. Since the "dust removal" happens on each system startup, cleaning happens on a very regular basis. MSI plans to implement the Dust Removal Technology on all its new and upcoming graphics cards.

12. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    Oh nice you're talking about this - yeahhh cool stuff; I got introduced to this nice program with the MSI GS Stealth laptops. They've been integrating this stuff in them too :cool: a laptop that cleans itself ! hah too cool I think

13. Dazz

Dazz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    This is normal depending on the fan profile set in the BIOS, i have the X570 Strix F mine did this first time just set the fan profile to quiet in the BIOS and it will be silent then when you get into Windows the ASUS Ai application will then override the profile and will take over depending on the preference you have set in the app.