ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Photo

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 26, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Oh wait, there's more. Meet the ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 is equipped with triple-fan cooling solution. Judging from the packaging the card will be factory-overclocked....

ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Photo

2. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    And the price will be 1000€ yay... at least I greatly expect that.

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Does anyone have experience with their coolers?

How do they compare to an Arctic Accelero Xtreme noise wise?

4. wsgroves

wsgroves Guest

I have 2x 980ti Strix and they are the best cards I have ever had. I absolutely never hear the coolers in my case even after gaming for a few hours.
    I was going to post till I saw your question that I am saddened that (to me) that they do not look as good aesthetically as the 980ti cooler.

Edit, I also remember the reviews of the heatsink not doing well temp wise in tests but I have never seen it raise much higher then 70 in game in my sli setup. I think they are outstanding.

5. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    ASUS make great coolers for their video cards and are normally the first with custom PCB's they have the biggest budget of all the manufactures so hardly a surprise. This one they have settled all back i suspect so red doesn't clash with the colour of the LED's. It's the biggest cooler i have seen on the 1080 thus far it's 1" higher 2.5" longer and is 2.5 slots wide (3 slot requirement) That too me screams good performance. I pre-ordered mine slightly cheaper than the FE but pre overclocked to 1936MHz the highest i have seen done by a manufacture but there are some board partners that still have their clocks as TBA.

This card has 1x8 and 1x6pin power connectors and 8+2 VRM's so should be very good at overclocking too.

Last edited: May 29, 2016