ASUS ROG Rampage IV Black Edition Breaks Five Overclocking World Records

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    Yea, maybe I'm jealous but I got to say that if someone threw the top of the line high end parts at me and said hey see how far you can push these, I would probably break a few records also. The skill is getting the most out of less than ideal. It's like can you break a speed record? Here, try it on this brand new Bugatti Veyron.

3. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX 1080
    I agree with you warezme, Anyone with the money to blow on parts like these could probably break records.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'm sure their out of pocket expenses was next to nothing. The sponsors supplied the parts and pretty much told them to have at it. A good friend of mine in big into the extreme overclocking thing and has told me on more than one occasion that she has been comp'd by Asus, Intel and a few other manufactures.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013

5. BABA-The Hacker

BABA-The Hacker Banned

GPU:
    PALIT GTX770 OC 2GB
    bringing "talents" to innovation......it's great.....

Congrats...to them.... i love meritocracy.....

6. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    anybody else notice that the cinebench cpu speed doesn't match that shown in cpuz
    Cinebench = 4.50GHz
    CPUz = 5.7GHz

I'm calling jiggery pokery on this

7. Mojojoe

Mojojoe Member Guru

GPU:
    :
    I've been banned from these ever since the time I mixed up the coffee and liquid nitrogen flasks.

8. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 980Ti SLI
    I guess you broke a new record then? Suppose the CPU reached new clock heights based on the caffeine overload you gave it.

9. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    :wanker: good one, and for the above, well surely you need to be experienced to break a few records but the truth is it's all about the money and HANDPICKED components..

10. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080M
    It's like with sports - not everyone has conditions to achieve something remarkable during competition. When it comes to breaking records, you can often see people sponsored by hardware manufacturers as breaking a record is a great advertisement despite meaning very little in practice. Nonetheless I like that there are some enthusiasts pushing the hardware to the limits.

I'd also like to see more stable computers capable of running 24/7 at full load at some extreme overclock. Seeing a highly overclocked computer running stable with something like cascade freezer, which can be used for gaming, rendering non-stop, etc would be way more impressive than seeing high-frequency CPU-Z screenshot.

Personally I care way more about real-life overclock potential, just as posted in Guru3D reviews.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013