Asus Rog laptop MSQG733O - Gsync?

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by Fortis, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Fortis

Fortis New Member

GPU:
    GeForce 3070 (mob)
    Hello,

I have been fighting with my laptop (Asus ROG MSQG733O) for a while now, just for the sake of enabling either Gsync or Freesync, and I'm in a bind.

Problem is, I can't find any mention of G-Sync in MSQ's nVidia panel - when other guys screenshot their control panel, they have multitude of options on the left...I have three:

Adjust image settings
    Manage 3D Settings
    Configure Surround, PhysX

The panel that is implemented in this laptop boasts a 300 Hz refresh rate, so if it doesn't include Gsync at all, then it's absolutely surprising for me. In nVidia inspector there is an option for Gsync, and I turned it On globally, but I haven't noticed any change in my games.

Also, I have read that GSync required a DisplayPort 1.2, but it's a laptop, so I have no idea how the screen is connected to the motherboard.

Graphics drivers are up-to-date from a clean and debloated installation.

Please advise.

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Does that laptop support MSHYBRID and Discrete modes? If so, enable Discrete mode to get full NVIDIA support.

3. Fortis

Fortis New Member

GPU:
    GeForce 3070 (mob)
    Err... I admit I have no idea what those modes are... I suspect Discrete bypasses the integrated GPU? Can you please explain how to enable this? Is it possible in Windows, or do I need software provided by card manufacturer?

EDIT: Oh, both modes are MSI-only... laptop is manufactured by ASUS for their ROG brand.

EDIT2: I have tried disabling iGPU through BIOS - no luck. There is no option to turn iGPU off or disable it.

I tried disabling it through Device Manager - that only causes Windows itself to freak out and drop to like 8-bit colour and 15 FPS, but otherwise, no new options appear on nVidia control panel.

I tried all of the options in Armoury Crate - no luck - there is an iGPU mode and turning it off makes the dGPU PREFFERED, but still no new options in nVidia Control Panel.

What else can I do?

Please advise.

PS. The proper model name is G733QR, apologies for the mistake.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    those modes are not MSI only, it's an industry standard. It's a question if the maker implements them. If the laptop does not support a Discrete mode, then your NV chip is channelling it's output through the iGPU, and therefore is being gimped by it. (you don't get the full NV Control Panel) You might find a toggle for this in the iGPU's control panel.

5. Fortis

Fortis New Member

GPU:
    GeForce 3070 (mob)
    AMD Radeon control panel doesn't have this option either. Most ASUS MBs have that options, but laptop BIOSes have a lot less options, and iGPU options are missing too.

So far there's no option in BIOS, nV CP, AMD CP, or Armory Crate (well, AC has an iGPU Mode option, but it doesn't turn off iGPU, and doesn't cause nVidia panel to have more options shown, see picture)

Attached Files:

• AC.png
      AC.png
      File size:
      443.6 KB
      Views: