ASUS releases GeForce RTX 3090 (2400 USD) and 3070 (999 USD) fitted with EKWB water block

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    $1K USD for a 3070, a medium tier card regardless of what people want to pass it off as... yep time to switch to consoles if you can ever get one through the scalpers who are totally innocent and not a problem at all just like the miners are innocent and have done nothing wrong. /s

AsiJu and jbscotchman like this.
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    PC gamers can no longer argue against the console peasants that have always said PC gaming is too expensive. Has the PC master race fallen?

Valken likes this.
  4. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    If this keeps it, it will be mining and consoles market only to support the price structure.

5. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    I might have missed something, but I bought an ASUS 3070 EK exactly two months ago and was available before, and the 3080 and 3090 EK models are also available since the end of 2020/beginning of 2021.

D3Master likes this.
  6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Where are you shopping?

DeskStar likes this.
  7. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    Hungary.

8. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    there already was an EK 3090 with two connectors months ago the only difference I see here is the price it wasn't 2400USD in my country it was around 2170USD which was already too much I saw 1-2 in stock at one time but at that time it seemed too expensive for a 2 connector only card
    in the end I ended up buying a 2 connector KFA2 for around 2030USD/1700EUR :/ and am waiting for the EK block+backplate featured in the news a few days ago (my pre-order has shipped yesterday)
    as soon as they announced the US tariffs I gambled the market would become worse not better so bought a card I did not want but that's all there was to be bought and like a few it was the right choice "all there was" became "nothing" in my country you can't buy any videocard from any brand except trash models

9. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Well... At least one is buying a water cooled overpriced card.

10. FlyBy

FlyBy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti wc
    I am out !!! This is the time to show them my behind with the pants OFF ! 2400$ ????

I will buy an Apple MacBook of some form to replace my aging MBPro mid2012 and may even buy a 2nd one, likely a Mac Mini to hook up to my screen and just forget about Windows and gaming all together. For my Windows needs there is VMware Fusion which I am already using if it really needs to be.

You can't buy the right CPU at MSRP, you can't buy a decent GPU at a fair price either....I am riding this 1080ti EK-WB & 8700k to death and that will be IT.

No, you can't just pay this price and go on, time to say " F... YOU" and move to ARM and maybe get a console for the kids as well.

***Shaking my head***

DeskStar likes this.

11. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    crap's crazy out there man!!

12. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    I truly thought 1900 through EVGA after I received an email for my 3090 ftw 3 Ultra.

This pricing garbage as of late is simply disgusting!

Embra likes this.
  13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Based on preliminary information which insiders are all saying, we're realistically looking at 2023 before things might get slightly better. But 2 years a long time, and projections may change, hopefully things get better before then. But personally if I had kids who were into gaming I'd just wait for my first chance to buy an XBSX and just get them its game pass and call it a day. PCs are out of the question for the foreseeable future.

Side note... Apple are one of the worst offenders as far as shitting on their customers goes. I wouldn't spend a cent on them even if I was using applications which have native ARM versions.

14. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    and you still won't be able to buy one.

15. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    low silicon, high prices?

16. stanley Luymes

stanley Luymes Guest

GPU:
    Interesting I have ordered a 3080[$1250 Canadian] for myself [3090 was available at that time for $2400 Canadian] in January .
    I have 2 weeks ago purchased a 3070 ek asus for 900$ Canadian.
    Not sure where those prices are coming from but they dont sound accurate.

17. Dellers

Dellers Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ti Trio
    I'm starting to think that I've bought my very last gaming computer. I already bought new cross country and alpine skis for the winter and have some other hobbies, now those can give me more fun for less money.

18. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Im glad I built one good enough to last. Even if I was eventually able to upgrade my GPU, my 5700xt still gonna do well till then. 2700x can hold out for a few years, only add 16GB ram, and I have tons of storage. 3x1TB SSD, and 3x 3TB mechanical.

19. D3Master

D3Master Member

GPU:
    SLI Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    I ordered a 3080 EK in Jan for that 3070 price and still hasn't shipped. Weird since I thought the water block is a deal-breaker for miners and still an entry barrier for gamers. The margin for ASUS was also quite high (compared to TUF etc at that time) so they should have manufactured some

20. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I can argue against that still and forever. A PC is far more then a console will ever be unless console developers decide to actually make their consoles a PC.

Nearly guaranteed mouse and keyboard support, compared to console controllers, is worth however expensive, or not expensive, a PC is. Let alone the rest of the things i can not do on a console.

Just an FYI, i'm not saying consoles are bad, or there's not a place for them, etc. But the argument "PC vs Console" will always favor PC in the grand scheme of things unless a console developer literally makes their console as functional as a PC and requires all games to support mouse and keyboard. There is no arguing this. Doesn't mean everyone will value what a PC has to offer over a console and decide to go PC, again, there's a valid place for consoles and people will get them for their own needs, doesn't negate the favor to PCs capabilities.