1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus Rampage 4 and newegg service

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by deusex, Feb 10, 2012.

1. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 Ti FE
    Asus Rampage 4 and newegg service update

Wow, what is happening with newegg lately? I received defective Asus Rampage 4 Ex. MB, send it back for replacement and what happened? I got blamed for the damage! They say the pins were damaged and warranty is void. Fine, but how the hell pins became damaged? (maybe it came like that and I didn't notice?)This isn't the first time I build the computer I know how to place a CPU into a socket duh! I got another board and the comp was working fine within minutes.
    To get rid of me they say I have to contact Asus. Well all those years of buying from newegg gone no more.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  2. MoosePower

MoosePower Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    That's very strange you got a board with bent pins.. If I were you I would try to bend the pins back before sending it off to Asus, otherwise they might screw you too. When I worked at a computer shop we had to do that couple times for RMA's. Just make it look like it's something else. :)

3. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 Ti FE
    I will try to look closer at the pins - as I did not see anything bend.

4. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 Ti FE
    So I got my motherboard back from newegg today. And there they are visible as hell couple of pins bednded. Now I'm sure 100% that newegg is practising something wrong here. When I sended my board for replacement those pins were not bended. I will not use Newegg any more. If anyone of you orders something from them watch out!

5. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    I once bought a board from IWill that had a messed up socket.

It happens...

-scheherazade

6. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 Ti FE
    Yes it happens, but now I have to pay for something I didn't do.

7. Shadowjump

Shadowjump Member

GPU:
    7970 XFire Watercooled
    Just keep bugging them. Dont let them have it their way.

8. mrmonsoon

mrmonsoon Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 7870+2509M+2511X
    I ordered a raid card from Amazon.com

It would not work and could not be mase to work by the tech of that company.

I followed the instruction for an RMA - they say 24-48 hours usually.

In less than "2" hours I not only had my rma, but a postage prepaid return slip!

Funny thing, I did order the next card from Amazon again at like 1pm my time, with standard 3-5 day shipping.

Darn if at 10 AM the next day there isn't my fed ex man with a package!

Perhaps you might find this service more appealing.
    (No, I don't work for Amazon:)

9. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    Sorry to hear this, I never had an issue like this with Newegg. Maybe you just had a bad rep on the other end, and you should report them to Newegg management.

10. Sampson

Sampson Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 970GTX
    Same thing happened to me but from ncix!

Bought a x58 ASUS Sabertooth board and it came with bent pins. Sent it to ASUS for rma and they blamed me! I argued with them over the phone for 20 minutes and it resulted in them shipping back my defective board.

Ill never buy ASUS again because of it which is a shame since they make decent hardware.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I've been ordering from Newegg for the last 8 years. I've never had the slightest issue with them (except when the Antec ONE went out of stock while I was trying to order it)...

12. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    asus does not like physical damage on m/b and will usually not rma a board with physical damage. they will probably blame the buyer inserting the cpu wrong. this is what I heard from my local shop. they also take their sweet ass time during the rma process. there was a couple times over the years I would just buy a new m/b and sell the rma replacement as I did not want to go weeks without a pc. glad I have not had to rma anything in the last few years. I love the boards but hate the service

13. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Those Darn Pins...Ive heard this same story alot...RMA process Sucks...Probably dropped
    during Shipping/Manufacturing...Or repackaged return?...at least its LGA not PGA...3960X's dont come cheap...

14. deusex

deusex Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080 Ti FE
    Heh! just posted a review on newegg about their bad service etc.. and they completly changed it! unbelivable!
    BTW I have been loyal customer for 10yr's+ with them.

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    At least Asus had updated their warranty policy to reflect the industry. They used to refuse RMA for boards installed by "end-users". I had an old Asus K7M that they refused to RMA because it was not "professionally installed".