ASUS R7 260X DC2-OC-2GD5 - Power Management Tweaker

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Szaby59, Aug 14, 2014.

1. HerrFornit

HerrFornit Active Member

GPU:
    Asus HD7790-DC2OC-2GD5
    nop, got 1 monitor only.
    but more than a hand full of degrees celsius in mys GPU by tweaking. :nerd:

2. Szaby59

Szaby59 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega56
    New version added + a workaround to fix ZeroCore wake up/black screen issues.
    I have access to my old R7 260X for 2 days so I can add a few more profiles just send me the max GPU/MEM clock.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  3. matija1

matija1 Member

GPU:
    Asus 7790 1GB
    Excellent, thank you very much :)

4. jviojtaba

jviojtaba New Member

GPU:
    ASUS R7 260X DC2-OC
    Asus r7 260x dc2-oc

hi , I have ASUS R7 260X DC2-OC and I use Sapphire R7 260x GDDR5 OC ( 11222-06-20G ) ( FIXED CLOCKS , GPU CLOCK : 1050MHz , MEM CLOCK : 1500MHZ ) please create new Settings like this : ( GPU CLOCK 1188 , MEM CLOCK 1500 , 1550 ) I hope u add this settings for new update , I use 1050 , 1500 and it was stable for me no artifacts and glitch in game and no hang or game crash at all , but if I get back to 1750MHz MEMORY CLOCK I will get Game Crash's and in game Glitch and Artifacts and Black Squares !!! )

5. jviojtaba

jviojtaba New Member

GPU:
    ASUS R7 260X DC2-OC
    anyway I'm going to get the card for warranty tomorrow I just said that this card would works well in this CLOCKS for me , I hope the next card I will get works fine and I didn't have any problem then .

6. best2best

best2best New Member

GPU:
    4 gig ddr3
    At last Asus release new Vbios update For asus r7 260x DC II
    dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/ATI/R7260X_biosupdate_tool.rar
    pls check that update ...

7. iStrong

iStrong New Member

GPU:
    ASUS R7 260x GDDR5
    Thank you so much for this tool!!! The fixed clocks and no idle clocks were always so problematic for me, the gpu was constantly at 60c idle and i couldnt downclock the memory or the core less than the asus fixed value(1750memory, 1188core). Now i finally can downclock the memory, because this high memory clock is giving me artifacting in games. I downclocked it to 1000mhz, hopefully this will fix the artifacting.

EDIT: I noticed that in msi afterburner, the memory clock constantly changes between idle and full every second when in idle mode. Is this supposed to happen? It's like one second it's 150mhz, next second it's 1000mhz and it keeps doing that.

EDIT 2: So i've been running this tool's settings for a couple of hours now, everything works fine, the artifacting is gone from my games, because i downclocked the memory to 1000mhz. Also the GPU is 38-40C idle now instead of 60C idle, however, i just had a random BSOD happen, which said "The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop". Never happened before. Also i've always had the issue of, when i try to restart my computer, i get the same message and BSOD. However cold boot doesn't give me the BSOD and windows works fine. BUT the random BSOD that just happened, got me worried. Is it because of this fix? Please reply.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    You have tried editing your bios with Vbe7, right? My 7970 OC with boost was locket at 1.2V when it was released, unless I forced constant voltage through Afterburner (these days it's fine). I resorted to overclocking though bios modifications, and I haven't looked back since. :D

9. iStrong

iStrong New Member

GPU:
    ASUS R7 260x GDDR5
    So guys i used it for a day, everything works. EXCEPT this big issue that i keep getting random BluScreens all the time. Why is that happening? I think i saw somewhere, that it's because the clocks change between 2d and 3d constantly and the gpu can't handle that or something like that. I really really need to downclock the memory from 1750 because 1750 is giving me constant artifacts in games. But with this tool i keep getting bluescreens. Can anyone please help? At least a temporary solution, until i get myself a new gpu?

10. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Just don't use the tool then. If you have BSOD since you started using it, leave it alone, it's probably the safest option.

11. iStrong

iStrong New Member

GPU:
    ASUS R7 260x GDDR5
    I get that, but it's the only tool that i have found, that lets me underclock this r7 260x from it's stock speeds. The stock 1750mhz on the memory is far too much for this gpu because i keep getting constant artifacting in games. I turn the memory down to 1000 with this tool and the artifacting is gone. Also my gpu is 20C cooler than it was before. I use msi afterburner and i've messed with some settings there, i put on constant voltage, and "touch wood" so far so good, no bluescreens. The bluescreens usually happen when i browse the internet or watch videos, it has never happened to me ingame. That is so weird. I think it's something to do with voltage. I'll come back to you, later on tomorrow and we'll see if it has bluescreened till that time, i hope not.

12. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    If you need to underclock your memory by 40%, then you need to RMA. Any chance you might do that?

13. iStrong

iStrong New Member

GPU:
    ASUS R7 260x GDDR5
    Yea i probably don't need to underclock that much, it's just that i saw a guy's video on youtube about an r9 280x i think it was, and he had the same issue. Video was full of artifacts, and he said it was a memory clock issue. He underclocked his memory to 1000mhz just like me, and the artifacts were gone. Note, that neither mine, or his gpu didn't overheat. My gpu mostly got to 83c i think, and as far as i'm aware, that's still ok. 83c is pretty much maximum, usually mine sits around 75C. With this tool, even gta 5 at high settings only gets my gpu to 67C maximum. Also i thought about RMAing, but it's too late now. I think the warranty i got was for one year, and that year has now passed. Also i accidentally damaged the warranty sticker on one of the gpu mounting screws, even though i didn't unmount the screws. The issue lies within this gpu and i think asus is at fault. Actually i don't think, i am sure. There is no way to underclock less than 1750mhz on the memory and 1128 on the core, and the gpu runs constantly at 59C idle, in 3d mode, even when not playing. This tool fixes all of that. Only issue as i said, was the BSOD. So far, after turning on constant voltage option in MSI afterburner, fingers crossed, it hasn't bsod on me once. But the bsods happen randomly. As i said, i'll let you know later on, how successful this turns out to be, or not. I already am planning on getting a new gpu, hopefully around in 2 months time, i think i'll get a gtx 980ti. I was always mainly an amd guy, but i think the nvidia gpus don't have these kind of issues. Also i'll be sure to keep away from asus from now on.

EDIT: Literally 5 minutes later it bsod on me. My last resort, before i give up, is to force a constant 3d state like by default, BUT by decreasing the clocks with this tool. If i still BSOD, then i guess it's back to default for me. I have no clue why does it give me these constant bluescreens, for UNDERCLOCKING. What the hell, gpu? I honestly think it's something to do with voltage. Anyone have a clue?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  14. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Sounds like a combination of gpu bios/driver/utility clusterfck. Have you tried a completely clean driver installation using DDU, and then installing the tool? I'm a bit out of ideas.

15. DDSZ

DDSZ Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 290 unlocked
    How does "Restore vBIOS defaults" work? Do it parse vBIOS to get power states, or...?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015

16. iStrong

iStrong New Member

GPU:
    ASUS R7 260x GDDR5
    I think i figured it out, or atleast i hope i did. It seems to me indeed that it's the 2d state that's causing the issue. Since this gpu is meant to run in 3d mode 24/7, making it run in 2d/3d is what gives me bluescreens i think. Before, i made it switch between 2d/3d whenever i'm just browsing, so it kept changing clocks from 300mhz to 1000mhz constantly, and i think that's what causes the bluescreens. Yesterday night, i forced it to run again in constant 3d mode, but with lower clocks than default, so now it runs on 1000mhz core and memory all the time, and so far, so good. No bluescreens, and no artifacting in games neither. I'll give it a few more days, if it won't bluescreen anymore, then i think the problem's solved.

17. josecabre

josecabre New Member

GPU:
    xfx 260x 1gb
    Hi, I have a XFX 260X 1GB. First of all, sorry for my english, I speak spanish.

I want to share my experience. I was having a lot of troubles with the 260x. Then I find two solutions: First: setting 2d memory clock to max (1600mhz) all the time using a profile in catalyst (this solves black screens). Second: disabling sleep mode from windows (this solves my zero core bug).

I want to ask a modified version of Power Management Tweaker that have a profile with memory clock running in 1600mhz in state 1, but cpu clock running in idle in that state (300mhz). The reason I need this its because the last version of catalyst doesnt accept my clock changes in the profile file and I really want to try the last drivers.

Hope you understand what Im asking.

18. josecabre

josecabre New Member

GPU:
    xfx 260x 1gb
    No answers?

19. Benzo

Benzo New Member

GPU:
    Radeon R7 250
    R7 250

Tell me please. There is a similar program for R7 250 ??
    I really need it.
    Not accelerates from idle(((

20. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    You can use MSI Afterburner to force constant 3D clocks and check. If that's what you need.