Asus Prime X570pro usb issue(Xbox wireless dongle driver fixed)

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by The Goose, Feb 19, 2020.

1. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Hi guys, i recently switched back to Amd after many years on Intel, whilst everything has been running fine i do have a small issue, my xbox 360 wireless receiver no longer works....well it works until i enter windows and i get a driver error, im running latest chipset drivers from Amd and although all my other usb devices work without issue im wondering if ive missed something, anyone else had similar usb related issues with Amd x570

2. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    Did you install the 3d party driver (not only AMD's chipset driver)? If u didn't, take a look at these videos:

3. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    That first video is not an official ms dongle hense getting unknown device, mine recognizes my device but in device manager device status i get

This device cannot start. (Code 10)
    Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.

This is only since switching to an Amd mother board.

I have used a cheap knock off dongle years ago but but it didnt last that long....another reason they're cheap.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O

5. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    WTF.....while that video didnt help....it did give me a bit of determination, and its now fixed.
    [​IMG]
    I went in to device manager and in the universal serial bus controller section there are several Usb root hubs(3.0), i manually updated each one(from drivers on my computer that should already be installed) from the top one down, the 3rd hub fixed the xbox 360 controller driver issue.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Ahh well that's basically the general first go to with error code 10, reinstall drivers. Had that issue with older hardware under win8.1 and win10, and sadly, it even applies to newer hardware at times (in particular, WLAN adapters on mainboards to my experience). Good you got it sorted out.

7. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    The dongle driver wasn't at fault, it was the usb hub drivers which were already installed...i just had to remind the windows that they were there lol