ASUS Outs ROG Strix Scope TK

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ASUS will be releasing a tenkeless version of their Scope Gaming Keyboard. The numeric keyless gaming keyboard has Cherry MX RGB mechanical switches....

ASUS Outs ROG Strix Scope TK

2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Horrible font / cheap ABS keycaps / cheap Cherry Mx keys / RGB / exposed switches / undoubtedly LOUD as hell / no lubing whatsoever / light / price most likely above 100 EUR.

What a "lovely" keyboard.

Neo Cyrus, mohiuddin and CPC_RedDawn like this.
  3. patteSatan

patteSatan Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6700xt
    Looks like Corsair trash.

4. LevelSteam

LevelSteam Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
    Cursed bottom row.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    The crappy ABS caps, with a coat that inevitably peels, is so beyond stupid at this point that I'm convinced they do it just to make sure there's a guaranteed failure point soon enough to make people "upgrade" more than a handful of times in their lives.

Every $20 el-cheapo Chinese mech keyboard has double shot caps, but the $300 lunacy from the big boys? Naw, crappy layer that will peel.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    0blivious and cryohellinc like this.
  6. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    Well, to be fair, I'd like to buy myself a nice ten-keyless mech. keyboard but I just can't do enough research.

Every time I google something, new brand unproven names pop up with €150-300 pricetags.
    I'm this close so actually just give up and go for a Corsair keyboard, just because I don't know anymore...
    At least Corsair can somewhat guarantee me compatibility and replacement caps.

But then again, I've been using Logitech rubber domes for years, so only improvement can happen to me.

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There's usually some good guides and recommendations without breaking into the whole 100's price range or higher it's what I try to use when looking into some otherwise more unknown brands like Ducky or what those were called and some others.
    (Or for fun the incredibly expensive but really well made older style durable stuff or customs but that's 500+ or even in the 1000's so not really in the budget.)

But yeah a lot of the common name brand keyboards do have some cheaper flimsier plastic that tends to wear down easier even if you are careful with the caps.

EDIT: Well unknown and unknown...not Corsair or Logitech rather far as the more common manufacturers and whatever "Game" name the hardware has after that but when looking into some of the less commonly stocked brands though it has improved without having to go for import options or more specialized hardware e-shops. :D

EDIT: Some of the guides and articles about this can get pretty lengthy as well, switch types and variants and copies plus whatever user preference you'd have and then from there to stuff like their durability and ways these are handled before getting to pricing and a whole lot of different potential recommended models.
    (Just a quick check after looking at a late 2019 article and yeah there's a lot to this.)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020