ASUS Outs notice on cooler mounting issue STRIX Radeon RX 5700 Series

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 14, 2020 at 8:23 AM.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    How "lucky" we are.
    If you go to Home Depot and they sell you a suspended shelf and the wrong screws, you end up with a shelf falling off the wall and hitting something or someone.
    Luckily, it's just a video card, it will just overheat and underperform.
    Yeah, it's like 10 times more expensive like a shelf, but everyone is safe, right?
    Yes, you payed 400-500 and you will not get the performance you saw in the benchmark, but this is a small price to pay of you look at the bigger picture. Think about the children!
    Thanks Asus, you just made my day!
    Not that I would buy a Navi GPU ( no money) but really, don't you have your own engineering team testing things inside and outside the limits of the manufacturer recommendations?

Solfaur likes this.
  3. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    They do, that's why this is happening. They even offer to handle the switch of screws for you in their service centers, wherever those might be.

4. AcidSnow

AcidSnow Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek R9 290X
    Huge fail, really late reply to the community too. ...7 months later is just rediculous. This is why people are only buying 1 of the following 4 Radeon partner cards: Sapphire Pulse/Nitro+, the PowerColor Red Dragon, or the GIGABYTE Gaming OC. Every other partner card is just worse in one way or another.

Fox2232 and anticupidon like this.

5. TLD LARS

TLD LARS Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Vega 64 VRMfix
    Finally some sort of apology for bad ASUS coolers on the AMD line of cards.
    Still a bit negative that i needed to fix my Vega 64 card myself, could not RMA the card, because ASUS said it was "Working as intended".

anticupidon likes this.
  6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Glad I went with an MSI branded reference card and not an ASUS STRIX card....

anticupidon likes this.
  7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    After my experience with Asus Strix I'm not surprised by yet again seeing Asus having issues building AMD video cards.

8. svan71

svan71 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I wish EVGA would sell AMD graphics, Asus charges a heavy premium without the support you should expect at the prices they charge, that along with the illegal "void warranty" sticker they place on their cards puts them on not to do list.

9. svan71

svan71 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    you too? my strix lighting stopped working less than a year old, the fiber optic cable turned yellowish and stopped allowing the light to flow through it. Asus refused to rma it or supply me with the means to repair it.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Yes, my specific "OC" model of card crashes at random when playing video games because Asus set the voltage too high for state 7, it took me about a year to figure out that I needed to undervolt the card to make it usable...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020 at 4:31 AM