Asus officially launches the ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti white edition

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 6, 2019.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    You ain't kidding, I keep looking at the prices every now and then and they are not going down 0__0

Right now on PCCaseGear.

[​IMG]

2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    WTF? did the prices went up actually????

3. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    At this point people might as well wait for a RTX 3080 Ti

-Tj- and moab600 like this.
  4. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    My doughter was pretty happy with the result of the Asus 2080ti white edition :p
    2085mhz on stock bios on air and 8200mhz on memory stable. Pretty good for aircooling.

[​IMG]

-Tj- likes this.

5. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Sli is not dead yet :p
    [​IMG]

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You always say ryzen users play alot of cinebench but it seems you gonna be playing alot of timespy with sli setup. Thats all its good for this days. :p

Denial likes this.
  7. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    You tend to say alot :D

Sli in Battlefield V DX 11 in 4k works great, same with Battlefield 1. Playing Battlefield only :)

Maybe I have to try Timespy aswell again :p
    People without SLI, tend to have more problems with SLI than the people who has it. Strange ;)

Here is my old score in Timespy with sli: timespy sli nizzen.PNG

Undying likes this.
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    When you can actually buy one 2080ti why not buy two 2080ti is what I say........

*stares off into the distance*

9. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    All for the additional low, low cost of $200 above the black version. :D

10. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Both SLI and taking bechmarking seriously like you are doing is a niche market. Also SLI is worthless with newer games. SLI is indeed dead in terms of Newer titles. Also Nvidia is putting little or no effort into SLI. Also spending what would equal a kick ass gaming rig by it self on 2 top of the line gaming graphics cards like the 2080 Ti for a small area of the market share is a complete waste of money. But to each their own I guess.

11. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Why is it worthless in newer titles?
    Tombraider and metro exodus both work with dx12 and sli (mgpu)

Perfect for 4k :)

Like I said, people without sli tend to have more problems with SLI than people that does :p

We all know this is not value for the money.

Dragam1337, The1 and itpro like this.
  12. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah two titles out of countless hundreds to thousands of titles.

nizzen likes this.
  13. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Name hundred titles that does not work with sli. I think you are counting "indie" titles :p . You will be surpriced how many titles actually works with SLI :)
    Red Dead Redemption 2 wit custom sli profile scale almost perfect in 4k. Double the average fps. Point is that with custom sli profiles, many games works pretty well.

With the new "3080ti" I will still buy 2 GPU's just to play a few games with sli. Just because

Like I said, people without sli tend to have more problems with SLI than people that does

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    itpro likes this.
  14. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Off topic. People don't know or don't care to edit something unless they are not willing to buy it at all. It is common knowledge that mgpu doesn't scale well in all games. Zero scaling doesn't necessarily equals to negative or nonexistent scaling.

Even if 5-10% percent of games do scale by providing twice the absolute performance, it is a win-win scenario. Someone who spends money for two enthusiastic pieces of hardware, doesn't care about electricity or temperature. People with economical crisis, forgot the joy of messing with hardware settings by pure and genuine curiosity.

adelomer and nizzen like this.
  15. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    True story :)

itpro likes this.

16. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I have read that users who used to have SLI setups switched to single card setups because SLI support was garbage and caused more problems than with SLI support. Also custom SLI profiles mean no native support which means it is a gamble on whether or not it works.

Yeah insult people that are less fortunate than you or the guy who is claiming how good SLI is currently. Just shut up if you feel that way because you have NO IDEA WTF you are talking about. There are multiple ways to have fun with hardware you fail to realize this.

And you agreeing with him makes me think less of you.

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  17. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    I never said is good. No perfect working combination of hardware isn't something wow. But everyone who buys it knows the risk. Who are you or anyone else complaining about another's money? There are people who buy a TV which costs 10k$ and you feel great with a tv of 1k$. Each to his own. PS. You do not know what my rig is and you do not know if I can afford it or multiple instances of it. I am just stating the obvious. MGPU sli or cfx isn't dead. People have unrealistic expectations. It is unfounded to expect everything to work as you like just because you pay for it. Life is all about possibilities.

18. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Whatever floats your boat. I am just going by what the majority of tech people are saying that is all.

itpro likes this.
  19. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    I do not disagree about anything with you. I am also a fan of single GPU since forever. But there are people who care only for a particular set of games, most of those are multiplayer ones and the extra details or frames give them the advantage. There is also a minority which only understands the rig by benchmark tools. As long as there are "games and apps" supporting multiple graphical processing units, anyone who says it is a dead tech, is a troll and amateur user. Those people in the past were saying hyperthreading is a gimmick and dead tech, real cores are everything. Where are they now?

20. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    They are eating their words. Hyperthreading turned out to be a huge help later on down the road from that time period. Yeah there are users out there are fulling around and having fun with multi GPU based systems heck even a Guru3d Member is doing testing with 4x 970s.

itpro likes this.