Asus MX34V Freesync LED With 1080 Ti

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by zeebaluch, Feb 27, 2018.

1. zeebaluch

zeebaluch Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 2080 Ti AMP-E
    Hello everyone, I have bought 34" MX34V 100 Hz Curved Freesync LED. As I'm running EVGA GTX 1080 Ti and I know Freesync is not compatible with Geforce. I just need some guidance from you guys... How can I run games at 100Hz Smooth, tear-free, how can I achieve smoother gameplay and what setting should be done in Nvidia control panel..??? Pls help

2. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Hi zeebaluch!

i also have a freesync monitor, a LG 34UC79G, and i also have a 1080Ti. Since the moment i´ve started using the screen i never had any issues with stuttering or tearing and everything has been butter smooth so far. From my experience all you need to do is run the game with graphical settings that allow the GPU to run games at 100Hz or close to it. This way even when the frame rate drops in more intensive parts, like explosions or plenty of players on screen, the frame rate is still going to be high enough to "eliminate" any perception of stutter or tearing, something easily possible with an 1080Ti. At least that´s what happens in my situation.

P.S. Just noticed your screen has an higher resolution than mine so you might need to lower some settings to accomplish the required effect.

I hope this helps.

signex likes this.
  3. zeebaluch

zeebaluch Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 2080 Ti AMP-E

Thanks a lot bro!!! I'll definitely test it