ASUS H370 Mining Master connects 20 GPUs Over USB

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 31, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Right, so typically I don't post much about the mining motherboards, but every now and then something comes along that tickles the hardware senses innovation wise. Take for example the new ASUS H370...

ASUS H370 Mining Master connects 20 GPUs Over USB

2. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Will be an excellent setup for some computational tasks allowing people huge computing power at home for not so much money,

At least mining brings something good to those that can use such resources it created that otherwise would have been unobtainable.

3. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    and how do I get power to the cards? With risers, you get 75W input option, since the power doesn't run through USB cables. So we use SATA connector per one riser, and then one 6pin power from PSU directly into the card. What this motherboard does is integrates risers into the board. Nice. But I am more interested to see the other part of the package, namely - power connectors.
    Also, you can run 4 cards of off 1X PCIe slot/lane, because mining is so "intensive" :p

4. asturur

asturur Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    if mining is profitable, i do not see the point of shaving some buck saving on a MB + a celeron every 3 cards.
    Those are one time cost that you should be able to absorb.
    If not, let it go.

Do not talk me about rack space or space in general, because 16 gpus are taking lot of space

5. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    Yea, with 16 GPUs getting rid of the heat from the room starts to become a "thing to look at". And it's never cheap unless you live in a very could country.

6. Silva

Silva Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX560 4G
    Go home Asus, you're drunk.
    And don't drive!

7. Killian38

Killian38 Master Guru

GPU:
    Man, I really want to buy this MB but my 20 GPU's I just bought for this board does not have USB ports.......

8. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
  9. Killian38

Killian38 Master Guru

GPU:
    What? Ok. I'm selling 20 Mining GPU's. Never used. New! 5% off.

Didn't know i'd have to buy that mess of wires.

Edit: Well, they maybe slightly used. Raccoons were getting after my chickens lastnight and I may or may not have tossed a few GPUs at em.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Those riser cards have some smart variants. I like most riser which has one USB inside case and one outside, switched by switches/jumpers. Because you can have micro PC and external GPU box. Only issue is use of USB 3.0 cables, they should have made USB-C cable variant long time ago for PCIe x2. Or some other connector to reach PCIe x4, then it would be really good.