ASUS GeForce 10 Series ROG GSYNC Notebooks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    As Nvidia today releases their GTX 1060, 1070 and 1080 Mobile GPUs, ASUS is releasing their GeForce 10 Series Mobile ROG Notebooks. ASUS ROG announced that the 18-inch gaming laptop, GX800 along wit...

ASUS GeForce 10 Series ROG GSYNC Notebooks

2. jetbruceli

jetbruceli Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Wow, years ago (2008), I spent over 4 grand getting a core 2 quad 6600 with dual GT 9800m. A year later it was slow and demanding games made it seem like a waste of money.
    BUT now there is this!

3. MainFrame Alpha

MainFrame Alpha Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix GTX 980 TI
    these are the ones Hilbert talked about A while ago, as always he new what he was talking about, the rest of us would just speculate :nerd:
    sadly i already got a GL552vw and my laptop cycle is 2 years:3eyes:
    but I WANNA!!!..even if knowing there pricing is nuts :bang:

4. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    It probably is very expensive for just the single gtx 1080 laptop. But these laptops will last for many years 5+ for gaming. All due to great Pascal Graphics cards.

The questions are do you really need it or just get a cheaper desktop? Can you afford?

Not for everyone, but its cool that they are going to exist :)

5. Tripkebab

Tripkebab Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    "ROG GX800 is the world's first 18-inch real 4K UHD gaming laptop to feature the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 in 2-Way SLI"

Powered by a quantum entangled event horizon reactor, no batteries required but if it crashes there's a small chance it pops out of space time and gets swallowed by a black hole. Worth the risk i'd say.